View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 04:59 PM   #5
sswyden
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
Carrier: VZW

K8tlyn, I'm having the same problem with Media Sync. It worked fine with my 9630 the past couple months, but it crashes now when I have my 9550 plugged in and launch it. I'm on Vista, so I don't think it's an XP issue. I'm on 5.01 of DM and this is the first time I've tried it since changing to the 9550. On a side note, Media Synch still says it's going to synch with the "9630" across the top of the screen even though I have the 9550 plugged in. Unfortunately, it crashes immediately so I can't go into options and check if there's a setting I need to change. I'll keep researching and report back here if I find something.

Update - OK, I already figured out the issue with it showing the 9630: http://bit.ly/6kA5Bb
Apparently that's an issue Rim knows about. But that's not why it's crashing. Still looking.

Another Update: All fixed. It could have been the sequence.... I already had my 9550 plugged in when I launched Media Sync. This time I launched Media Synch first then plugged in the BB. It allowed me to rename the media card and re-initiaize. then sync my playlists. All is well now. I also read someone else's problem was that they had some negative number of plays and negative ratings in itunes and once they were deleted that fixed their issue. Good luck.

Last edited by sswyden; 11-22-2009 at 05:50 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote