View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 03:44 PM   #2
justin.culp
CrackBerry Addict

Model: SOLD
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendenm

Well it finally happened, I soaked my phone. For years I've never had even a close call of getting my phones or blackberries wet.

Well that all ended this week. I got out of my car and my 8700 was in the cup holder. I put it in it's holster and tossed it in a plastic bag I was carrying in with my laptop and gym bag. big mistake. I HATE stupid sport top bottles now. The top didn't seal tight (and no it wasn't because I didn't close it all the way, did a few tests after the fact). From the walk from my garage to my apartment the water bottle gleefully drained it's contents into my blackberry.

I got inside and my phone rang and had a really wierd ring, grabbed the phone and hitting the keys was like walking in soaked shoes... all squishy and squitting all over.

Oh yeah I was pissed. Paniced a lot but then remembered a post on here. Got the trusty Torx out and took it apart. The 8700c I must say is much nicer to take apart then the 7100g, no permanently changing your case to get all the screws out.

Well I backed it for about 6 hours at ~150 F degrees with the oven door open. Reassembled it and everythings all good now!

Guess I need to find an OtterBox for my BlackBerry now.
Ahhh...man..that is friggin' schweet!!! Chuck gives it two, that's right...two thumbs up.