View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 02:13 PM   #9
lark
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravshaya View Post
I spent two hours on the phone with Blackberry on Monday and another hour on the phone today with Blackberry and Cingular. They had NOTHING to offer that solved the problem -- if I synch my (BRAND NEW!) 8300 with my Outlook, all Outlook appts are imported to BB (even if they are already there) producing multiple entries of the same appt., and the appts that were entered in the BB do NOT make their way back to Outlook.

Yes, they have known about the problem. Yes, they are working on a solution. No, they don't know when it will be available.

I am really amazed that such a basic flaw exists. I am even more amazed that three weeks after the Curve has been released with so much fanfare, there is still no solution.

It is very likely that I will be returning my 8300 to ATT for a refund -- I moved from a PDA to the BB to improve my productivity. Having no calendar synching ability is paralyzing. I am a little surprised that the reaction from customers has been relatively muted. Or does this only happen with some units? If I exchange my unit for a new one, is it likely the problem will not recur?
I am having the exact same problem, and feel as you do. How could they let this unit out with such a fundamental flaw? I am in the process of wiping my 8300 to bring it back.

I was told by RIM that they feel ALL 8300's synching through USB and using BIS will have this problem. Still, I am tempted to try another 8300 to confirm this. I do like the 8300, but if I wanted a high strung handheld, I would have stayed with WM.