View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 03:36 PM   #1
admroom

Default duplicate pin message when 're'-adding user to BES 4.0.2

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I'm working on BES 4.0.2 for Exchange 2003 with 7100g handhelds, and I'm running into a little problem when I try to add a user that had previously been assigned a handheld that is now assigned to someone else.

User A's account was orignally associated with handheld A, but handheld A has been re-assigned to user B. I did this by removing user A's account from BES, adding user B's account (through Global Address List), and then associating user B with handheld A. Everything is working fine with user B on handheld A.

User A now wants to use another handheld (B), but when I go to add user A's account to BES (through GAL), I first get the message: "If the imported user(s) has pre-existing BlackBerry user statistics do you want the statistics cleared?" -- clicking Yes or No gets the same results -- and then I get the message:

Duplicate PIN (Pin Number) found on server for user (SERVERNAME). Add to server anyhow?

The PIN number referenced in the message is the same as user B's PIN. Clicking No cancels the user add. What happens if I click yes? Is there a workaround to this, or is it not a problem to have the duplicate pin on user A before I associate it to handheld B? Thanks!