View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 08:41 PM   #3
NickB05
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Alright....

So I bought a brand new bold from this guy Jake on the forums, it came and everything was fine. He told me he bought in bulk so I figured alright awesome.

I asked him what kind of prices he could get me on bolds and he said if I bought a minimum of 8 they would be 175/unit for the Bolds, brand new. Seemed really low and too good to be true, but so I went with it.

He put me in contact with his buddy Kevin Zapko, he emailed me back and forth and said 1500 dollars for the 8 phones and to cover paypal fees.

Oh also, I even asked that guy Jake for his phone number to call him and talk to him to make sure it was legit. So I talked to him on the phone for like 30 minutes! Thinking everything was fine.

So I told my buddy about it and Kevin gave me his paypal address and and my buddy sent over $1440.90 to be exact. So Kevin says I need to wait till the funds clear to his bank account he has 8500 dollars transferring out. Say they'll be here overnight from fedex by Saturday at 12. He emailed me Friday night saying I would have the tracking number in 1.5 and I never got anything.

So Saturday comes and I get nothing...I text message Jake, he says yeah he cant get a hold of Kevin and he doesnt know what the deal is and that a lot of people are angry and says that some are already issuing chargebacks.

So I end up trying to email Kevin and Jake all day Sunday and Today and never got anything. Of course we got scammed, but my buddy paid through credit card luckily so he will be able to get a refund through that hopefully.
Offline   Reply With Quote