View Single Post
Old 03-10-2006, 10:17 PM   #1
Rob-In-Plano

Model: None
Default Blackberry Intermittently Freezing - HELP

Please Login to Remove!

Hi Guys,

Hope someone out there can assist me in resolving a stubborn problem that has surfaced with my Blackberry beginning last weekend.

A bit of preliminary information. 3 month old Blackberry 7250. Carrier is Sprint. Utilizing BES through a single hosted Exchange mailbox at ExchangeMyMail.com. Unlimited Blackberry Data plan and voice plan.

Last weekend, the Blackberry began to intermittently freeze up and become intermittently sluggish. It continues to act this way. I can be typing along and it just freezes up for about 8 to 10 seconds and then comes back alive to quickly fill in the text that I had been typing. Or it will intermittently freeze in any screen and not accept inputs from the scroll wheel, click or escape. Then, it just comes back alive. It will exhibit this behavior every few minutes of use.

I have not changed any settings before of after, nor have I added any applications. Really, I changed nothing or used it differently and it has started to act this way on me.

One final point. Since this started happening, I have noticed that data traffic to and from the Blackberry has seemingly doubled and my battery life has dropped about 30% to 40%. Just an observation, but the data flow arrow icons seem to be active all the time now. This is definitely new behavior. Tonight I did a quick test. I "Disable Radio" feature and no more freeze ups. I could write all my emails without the dreaded freeze and freely navigate the blackberry without the freeze ups. Of course, I have to re-enable the radio to send my messages, etc. and of course, he's freezing again and all that data is moving in and out.

Sorry this got to be so long. I am just frustrated and dread contacting Sprint. It seems like they never have anyone capable of supporting this device. If any of you have some ideas, I would appreciate your feedback.

Dave over at ExchangeMyMail suggested that they have heard of this occuring and in some of those cases, it required swapping out the entire device

Thanks Everyone . . . . . . . .
Rob-In-Plano