Old 03-01-2007, 09:50 AM   #18
DarienA
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
PIN: 241EBD8C
Carrier: A&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuwhite
Why is there no point? With hundreds of h/hs out there, I just can't compare a crappy csv dump file to a FREE GUI which shows the same data quickly, easily and best of all, to anyone anywhere in my org i give access to. You are correct about GI-GO regarding the data but if we are forced to work with crap data either way, isn't a dynamic GUI better than a flat file?

Once again I have to say thanks to the BoxTone guys, especially Jon, coz this tool has saved me hours, seriously. Fantastic marketing exercise as if I am ever given money for Mobile Mgt s/ware, guess where I'll be going first :->
You and me both, I'd go there now except that my rollout is too small for what they usually support with their product. I met Joel director of marketing at their WES booth last year, seemed like a nice guy and I definitely think their monitoring package is a solid product from the demos I've seen.

I like others appreciate this GUI, I can quickly easily fire it up without any command lines with switches, etc and see the status of all of my users in regards to the patch. In addition at the very least I can use the tool going forward to compare OS versions for future upgrades, and just for informational sake I like the Carrier column.. I didn't even realize that bit of info was reported back from the handheld to the BES.

In addition I'd like to thank the various boxtone folk who have communicated with me via email and priv messages from the start of attempting to get the original tool downloaded through the release of the update.