View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 03:02 PM   #72
clubchucker
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

I got mine this morning and here are my early feelings towards it:

This is only my 2nd Blackberry, and I'm coming from the Pearl. So, it's a little different for me...but there's definitely a learning curve. I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow, so I'll have a week to do nothing but play with it and get used to it. Yes...typing is a little tougher, but like I said..it's early. Learning curve, just like there was for me when I got my Pearl. Not overly concerned about it at the moment.

Screen is awesome. One of my biggest reasons for buying this was larger screen size.

I think a lot of the "issues" (lag) will be fixed with a firmware update. Again...not that concerned. Would I like it to be better out of the box? Sure....but all new products have issues. As long as they can be fixed in a timely manner...I'm fine with it.

As for those on the fence, I guess I can sum it up like this, and again...these are PERSONAL feelings: if you're a heavy user/emailer-probably not for you. If you're one of those who sends out 100 emails per day...probably not the best phone for you. If you're a casual user like myself..good option.

For those of you thinking about moving to Verizon from another network: unless you're unhappy with your network, I'd say stay. I don't think it's worth moving over for, not with the Bold on ATT. Honestly, if I didn't hate ATT as much as I do, I'd have gotten the Bold. But, I do like Verizon and was a current customer of theirs. If you're already a Verizon customer, I think like some of the reviews said...it's the best phone they have to offer.

But all things said, I'm not going to base my final view (like/dislike/keep/take back) on 4 hrs of playing with it. Give me a week at least.
Offline   Reply With Quote