View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 07:42 AM   #226
dhendriksen
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

I have been interested in this service for a long time, but have been to busy to do the necessary research. It looks like the EMM guys are on here & will respond - that is what I am hoping for.

He are my questions.

I use a laptop currently, and when at my office it is not on there server, just hooked up to there T1 line. When at my home office or other locations I typically use a wireless connection. If I have this service and my computer is turned off, do I still get my mail? Also, is it a problem that my laptop is constantly using different connections, often wireless? The contact sync is what seems so great to me, and I want that to work all the time.

After you answer that, here is another curve ball. I am opening a new office for my company, and at the new office our IT guy will not let me use my own computer. I have to use the companies desktop (argh). We have a server, don't know what, but I do know it isn't anything that supports this stuff. Will that be a problem at my new office?

Also, with BES does the mail show up on the BB when it hits outlook, or when it hits the server. The reason I ask is that two of my accounts are POP3, and if I need to wait for outlook to send/receive to get my mail that kind of defeats the purpose.

Would you please do my a favor and after you post a response (the EMM guys) could you please paste it into an email and send it over to [email address]? I will not be able to check this for a while (maybe days) as I am so swamped right now, and I don't want to forget to check the forum, if the answers to these are what I'm hoping for I need so sign up ASAP. Thanks in advance for all your help!