View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006, 01:37 PM   #241
alanbr
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: Claro Brazil

Please Login to Remove!

Enzo, thank you for your kind words. Somehow posting on the forums seems to have helped a little bit. At least now you have agreed to suspend my service charges until the fix is implemented, whereas during our conversation you explicitly said no when I asked you to do that... Just for your information, before subscribing to EMM I subscribed to Link2Exchange. Later on, I read so many good things about EMM that I decided to switch to EMM, and I got a full refund from Link2Exchange, including all activation fees. I mean exactly this: FULL refund. No questions asked. No difficulties at all. If necessary I can show you the evidence. Now the truth about our conversation is that first I suggested waiting 30 days for the fix and if the fix was not implemented in 30 days then you would refund me the activation fees that I had paid to EMM and would have to pay again to Link2Exchange due to technical problems on EMM's side. You said "no". Then I asked you to suspend my monthly fees until the fix is implemented. Again you said "no". Then I asked if you could cancel my service and reactivate it after the fix was implemented without charging me the activation fees again. You answered: "only if you return in 7 days". But at the same time you never committed to having the fix implemented in 7 days!!! You were very clear that you had no expectations whatsoever as to when the fix would be implemented. And nowhere in our conversation did you say that it would be "shortly", as you are now saying. So I believe that all my suggestions were very reasonable, and I gave you 3 suggestions, but apparently reasonable to you has a different meaning than to me. As you were clear, reasonable to you means charging an activation fee for a service and not guaranteeing the service at all, meaning you have the right to have a failure on the service you provide, in which case you do not have any obligations in terms of time for the solution of the problem, and even while the problem persists and the service is not being offered, you have the right to continue charging your customer! You do not compensate your customer for that in any possible way. If that is what you consider reasonable, then indeed I have nothing reasonable to propose to you. Just so that everyone can make their own evaluation, I will post below the transcript of our conversation, and I will also post the follow-up to this story. I am sure that EMM does not mind my making public the way you treat me as one of your customers, as that is one of your mainly alleged qualities. I am sure that my episode will show whether or not you will honor your reputation. So far I must say that I am very disappointed, and the conversation below will enable everyone to make their own due diligence as to who is and who is not being reasonable and fair.

Best Regards,
Alan

Conversation Transcript
Partially removed after EMM contacted me by phone and explained that there was an understanding on their part that I wanted to shift to Link2Exchange and wanted my activation fees back, which was not the case. My previous experience with EMM was great and I only activated the service with Link2Exchange to be sure that the problem was NOT with my device, because that was said to me by Alvin from EMM on Wednesday evening. I was just trying to help pinpoint the issue as having to do with EMM and not my device. I explained to Enzo that as long as EMM solves the issue I intend to stay with EMM and cancel L2E, especially due to my previous experience. But I need this resolved in no more than 30 days, which I think is very fair of my part. And in the meantime, I am up and running with L2E while I wait for a solution from EMM. Enzo said he cannot promise any timing but believes that 30 days is much more than what he EXPECTS, not guarantees. And he apologized for presuming that I just wanted to switch over to L2E and get my money back. So far, it now looks like my previous experiences with EMM. I am happy again and hopeful that this situation will be resolved quickly. I just left below the beginning of the chat session where I make clear that I subscribed to L2E just to help pinpoint the issue and I also make clear that I did not intend to cancel EMM when Enzo asked me about that...

Visitor: Alan
Operator: Enzo
Recipient: [email address]
Company: exchange
Date: 24 Nov 2006 11:42 AM

Alan:
Since Wednesday I have been having problems syncing my Calendar 2-ways with your server. Only changes made to Outlook sync to my Blackberry, but not the other way around.

Welcome Alan! Your request has been directed to the Support department. Please wait for our operator to answer your call.

Call accepted by operator Enzo. Currently in room: Enzo, Alan.

Alan:
Hi Enzo!
Enzo:
Alan we are waiting for our engineers to complete the fix we worked on on wedensday
Enzo:
the fix we implemented on Wednesday had to be partially reversed as it caused conflicts on our side
Enzo:
it will be done at a future date
Enzo:
at this time I do not have a resolution for your issue
Alan:
Ah, ok. The problem is that on Wednesday at the end of the day I noticed that BES was back up running and the problem remained on my side. So I spoke to Alvin and he said that at that point the problem was certainly with my device and we would have to call RIM support on Monday.
Enzo:
I would not want to say that at this point
Enzo:
I was here with him when he provided you that information
Enzo:
however since then, more information has come to light
Alan:
Well, I went ahead and subscribed to Link2Exchange, since I can always have my money back in 30 days. And everything is working perfectly with their server. So it definitely has nothing to do with my device...
Enzo:
Ok, so would you like me to terminate your service with us?
Alan:
Not really, I just wanted to test if the problem was with my device. Now this can help you pinpoint that the problem is for sure on your side. As I said, I can always request my money back in 30 days from Link2Exchange. So now it will depend on you guys.

Rest of chat session removed per Enzo's request.

Last edited by alanbr; 11-24-2006 at 04:55 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote