View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 11:02 AM   #66
jimfraser
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Q10
Carrier: Rogers

After a weekend of use it appears that most programs are working properly. However, one of my favourite programs, PocketDay, starts out with the trackball not working. Pressing any key lets me use the trackball however and I can scroll again. Not a big deal but I did not have any issues in 4.6.
Lost my WAP browser however. Regular Blackberry browser seems to work the same as always. I see above that there is a fix for the browser. I wonder if it will restore the WAP browser? This forum's program which uses a wap browser reports "the protocol specified is not supported by the handheld".
A Rogers specific program that would bring me to their WAP site for checking flights, banking etc is not even on my BB with this OS. This program always came up with the many OS upgrades I did previously in 4.6, all of which, other than the first upgrade, were not an official Roger's update.
The program icons for Word to Go, Sheet to Go and Sideshow to Go are all generic rectangles. However PDF to Go has the proper icon with a little person in a square with the letters "PDF" in the corner. All are version 2. I deleted and reinstalled the offending programs and still have the generic rectangles as program icons. The programs themselves still appear to work, however.
Despite some reports that it boots up is faster, not noticeably so in my experience.
I like OS 5's colours and shading. Seems a little more polished. However, the hugh memory hit as noted above is definitely an issue. It really does not seem ready for general use. Definitely should have stayed in beta in my opinion.
I am torn between waiting for a new "official" OS 5, trying a beta or going back to the latest official 4.6 OS.
Offline   Reply With Quote