View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 10:57 PM   #48
rnail

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: Anybody else love the Torch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete777 View Post
Not so sure about that. There are countless BB9000 users on this and other boards (myself included) who have been asking and waiting for RIM to come out with a device with the form factor of a 9000 yet with the memory, track pad, etc. of a Torch or even a 9700.

Seriously, if RIM came out with something like that it would fly out of the stores (obviously it would be targeted more for the business user). We're not looking for sliders or fancy stuff like that. Just a well built device with a usable keyboard and enough memory to run all the applications we need to run to be productive.

But with the new 9780 on the horizon (with a 9700 form factor no less) It still doesn't look like RIM is listening to us.
I have stated this exact thing many times. Give me a 9000 form factor device with the larger keyboard, possibly a slightly taller device to accomodate a 3 in screen, operating system 6.0, the larger memory, and a faster processor - I would snatch it up in a second. The 9000 has been hugely successful and the update would be the same. Most hardcore blackberry users want a simple one-handed device, but don't want to be jealous of some of the newer droid or I-phone brousing/screen size features.
Offline   Reply With Quote