eldiener
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9810
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: Not receiving text messages from web sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
A bit of advice when dealing with the carriers. I've experienced a lot of variability with the customer service representatives. I recall one time I called back four times on a problem before it was resolved, and it turned out to be a date entered into the record that was wrong, and the first three representatives never noticed. I've had representatives that just want to get you off the line, and knowledgeable representatives that give you detailed info and solve the problem.

Lesson: Be cooperative, be polite, but be firm. If you have to call back to get a better representative, do it.

Maybe I'm telling you what you already know. But just in case.
I contacted AT&T but got conflicting information from them, First they claimed that I was not getting texts from websites because of some previous Blackberry Inbox, which they no longer support. Then, when I called again asking for clarification, because I do get text messages from individuals, they claimed that it must have something to do with the 9810 and not them, and the only thing they could suggest is that I should reset my phone. When I told them I would lose all my phone's settings and data doing that they suggested I back up everything and then restore it. But I do not know if the Blackberry backup software can do that and naturally I do not want to lose all this data and functionality which I currently have. I really do not think AT&T has any clue to my problem.
Offline   Reply With Quote