View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 02:33 PM   #8
Martin Stuart

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Alltel
Smile Bluetooth Solution

I guess pastortommy's secret will die with him. I had the same problem and found help with Alltel. Here is what they sent me and it worked fine with Bluetooth. I am still looking for a USB solution. The only way I can get USB to work is by going through Parallels software and using Windows. Between the two, I should be good.

Solution:

TETHERING A BLACKBERRY 8830 WITH MAC OSX 10.5.1 & LATER (8330 Also)
================================================== ====

1] Click the Apple in the top left corner of the desktop, select System Preferences...
2] Click the Bluetooth icon located in the Hardware group
3] Select Set Up New Device, or click the Plus (+) sign in the bottom left corner of the device list
4] Select Continue
5] No step 5
6] Select the Mobile Phone button then choose Continue
7] Select your Blackberry from the Mobile Phones list, then click Continue
8] Type in "1234" into the Blackberry FIRST, click the trackball, then type "1234" into the Mac's Passkey field, then click Continue
9] Click Continue
10] Verify "Access the Internet with your phone's data connection" is checked, then click Continue
11] Select "Always Allow" at the BT Setup Assistant Keychain info screen
12] In the Phone Vendor selector, choose "au by KDDI"
13] In the Phone Model selector, choose "cdmaOne Bluetooth"
14] In the Username field type the customers eemail mdn_at_alltel.net I cant post emails so replace _at_ with @
15] In the Password field type "alltel"
16] In the Phone Number field type "#777"
17] Veify BOTH checkboxes are selected and click Continue
18] You're almost connected, click Quit
19] You should now see your device listed on the left, and it should say Paired = Yes on the right, click the Red circle in the
top left hand corner of the Bluetooth window to close this window out.
20] To connect, click the Telephone icon in the task tray located in the top right corner of the desktop, and choose Connect Bluetooth!!
You'll know you're connected when you see the Connection Timer start to count up in the task tray located in the top right corner of the desktop.

Feel free to email me if you want pictures with your instructions.
Offline   Reply With Quote