View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 12:21 AM   #4
bombinho
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: many
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone
Unhappy Re: PRIV inthe news

I loved the idea of the Priv a lot. It would have been the first Blackberry with mobile payment systems available. But I do not like the idea of the non removable battery. But even worse is the AMO-LED display?! Bound to fail in cold conditions and likely to fail before the device hits 2 years of age? Why?

What is the problem with a decent IPS display? The little bit more power draw? The fact it will even work after 5 years? Plenty AMO-LED displays I have seen starting to fail being just over 1 year old. Green display, no display, barely readable etc.

My good old 9500 still serves in its pod as a very reliable alarm clock as since BB OS10 this function has been crippled to a point of unreliability.
And I can still get batteries for it.

Don't get me wrong, the multiple alarms are great, but after taking the phone of its third party cradle (the original cradles have only been seen on pictures) in the morning to silent the alarm I need to fiddle to be able to still see the time. If I forgot to fiddle with it at night time I need to get up again.
As this phone was meant to be working for me and not the other way round it still gets accompanied by older Blackberries that do as supposed.

The memories about the Z10 happily sharing its flash with every computer etc. that did get connected via USB are still fresh. Though in the meantime the password protection has put an end to this unwanted behaviour. I hope for others that the Priv does not get plagued by similar nasty glitches.

A windows phone starts looking much more likely to be the future replacement for my good old Z10. And a lot of fun with .Net then

I was looking forward to the Priv but that is not what I was waiting for. Another phone made for kids that break/loose their phone frequently?

Last edited by bombinho; 11-15-2015 at 12:27 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote