Old 11-28-2007, 05:07 PM   #1
monkeypaw
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: None
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Default Reinstalled Bodyguardz body covering and looks ok

Please Login to Remove!

Bodyguardz is similar to Invisible Shield and Best Skins Ever.

I had a Bodyguardz covering on my 8320 buy had to to warranty exchange the phone. When I took the covering off the old phone I noticed it still had decent stickiness so I carefully saved it. Supposedly they can't be reinstalled, but I'm cheap and the covering is barely a month old. Bodyguardz gives 2 sets for $25, but I don't want to use the 2nd set just yet.

So I reinstalled the old covering on the new phone. It doesn't look as nice as before, but not as bad as I expected.

The covering stretched a bit when I removed it so I had to trim it at certain points. Plus the adhesive isn't as uniformly stuck so it is not as invisible as before. But overall I think it'll be ok for several months.

As it dries it seems to be sitting down better, but there's definitely more pinch points than a new install. Some of those show in the pictures. Since I took the pictures those look better but will definitely not completely go away.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BB-1.jpg (72.6 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg BB-2.jpg (69.3 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg BB-3.jpg (73.6 KB, 57 views)
Old 11-29-2007, 04:18 PM   #2
monkeypaw

Update. After a day of drying, it tightened up so that it's stuck better to the phone all over. Only 1 flap looks like it'll never sit down correctly. Other spots that were loose are stuck down now so that its almost like the original install.

Unless you have a warranty with Invisible Shields, these seem to be more reusable than people think.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:10 AM   #3
fizz
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypaw View Post
Update. After a day of drying, it tightened up so that it's stuck better to the phone all over. Only 1 flap looks like it'll never sit down correctly. Other spots that were loose are stuck down now so that its almost like the original install.

Unless you have a warranty with Invisible Shields, these seem to be more reusable than people think.

Invisishield offers lifetime warranty for free and to everyone that purchases. All you need to do is pay for postage and handling ($4.50 from nyc) and return the old shield and they send u a new one, works fine and cheap enough for me and a small price to pay rather then trying to use old one but to each their own.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:48 PM   #4
monkeypaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizz View Post
Invisishield offers lifetime warranty for free and to everyone that purchases. All you need to do is pay for postage and handling ($4.50 from nyc) and return the old shield and they send u a new one, works fine and cheap enough for me and a small price to pay rather then trying to use old one but to each their own.
Mine are from Bodyguardz which has no warranty. They just give 2 (3 screen protectors) for $24.99. I still have 1 skin and 2 screen protectors left.

I didn't know Invisible Shields requires postage and handling on a warranty exchange. I think that would make Best Skins Ever the best choice for most people. Have to get to maybe 5 or 6 skins for the warranty to payoff. Next phone, I'll probably go with BSE.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:38 PM   #5
NLU Products

Model: 8700g
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypaw View Post
Mine are from Bodyguardz which has no warranty. They just give 2 (3 screen protectors) for $24.99. I still have 1 skin and 2 screen protectors left.

I didn't know Invisible Shields requires postage and handling on a warranty exchange. I think that would make Best Skins Ever the best choice for most people. Have to get to maybe 5 or 6 skins for the warranty to payoff. Next phone, I'll probably go with BSE.
Hey I just want to let you all know that we have launched our 'Advantage' customer appreciation program for our product BodyGuardz. We now offer lifetime replacements, 20% off return orders, and a refer and earn program. It is a great program and you can read more about it on our website. Below is the link:

http://www.bodyguardz.com/Articles.asp?ID=147

We appreciate all of your business with BodyGuardz!
Closed Thread