Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 10:39 PM   #1
speely

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobil
Default Huge Service Issue Need Help!

Please Login to Remove!

Ok. I have had my pearl for about 4 months now. Haven't had any issues with it. All of a sudden today. Out of no where. Service dies and refuses to come back. Usually if I am in area with no service it would have the little red x next to where bars would show and under the time it would say "no service" or "searching..." or some such crap like that.

Where the red X or bars would be is completely blank. Nothing there.
Where it would show "No service" or "Searching" or whatever is completely blank. Usually if I have no service and if I try to make phone call would take a second or two before it would give me that annoying beep sound makes when no signal. No...this doesn't even give me the chance for that it BOOM pops up and wont call anything. I mean Area I live in I usualy at least get 1-2 bars in house. Outside 3 or so. Another area near where I live I get max service best there is around here. Not even there I get service....Anyone ever hear of this problem? How would I fix this. My service status for signal says "-90(and higher keeps going higher and lower) dBm
Old 12-23-2008, 08:49 AM   #2
rxfeng
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: T-Mobile

Turn the radio off, then turn it back on. Do a battery pull restart and adjust the SIM card. If neither of those works, reinstall the OS and see if that fixes it.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:45 AM   #3
speely

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxfeng View Post
Turn the radio off, then turn it back on. Do a battery pull restart and adjust the SIM card. If neither of those works, reinstall the OS and see if that fixes it.
Don't know how to turn radio off never saw a radio option. Battery pull? Unplug battery ? I did that and took SIM card out and tried to move that still nothing. Not sure how to reinstall OS if its to go through the initial setup when you first get phone where it shows how to type and all that just did that and nothing
Old 12-23-2008, 09:58 AM   #4
rxfeng

Quote:
Don't know how to turn radio off never saw a radio option.
Go into your menu and look for the Turn Wireless On/Off toggle. Turn it off, then turn it back on. See if your signal comes back.

Quote:
Not sure how to reinstall OS if its to go through the initial setup when you first get phone where it shows how to type and all that just did that and nothing
No. How To Install or Reinstall Blackberry OS.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:42 AM   #5
speely

Ok called Tmobile they are like complete idiots. Reinstalling OS didnt help, doing all these other suggesstions didnt help....anything else? Could it be sim card? or my phone itself......?
Old 12-23-2008, 11:10 AM   #6
ndub33
Stuck In The '70's Mod

Model: 9810

Welcome to the forums!

SIM's are kind of hard to "break", although it could happen. Check to make sure your SIM card is installed properly, and secured in the SIM holder.

While you have the battery out, you should see a little square label in the battery cavity. It will be either white or red. It's a liquid damage indicator. White is good, red is bad.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:10 AM   #7
rxfeng

When you reinstalled the OS, did you get rid of all the 3rd party apps? As in, any programs you put on there in the 4 months that you've had it. One of them might be causing the problem - for example people have had connectivity issues with the Opera browser before.

Usually if your SIM card is bad, it will display "SIM Card Error" in the status bar on the home screen. But it doesn't hurt to try, if you have another phone, to see if the SIM card works in it.

I'm on T-Mobile too - all they will tell you to do is replace the unit. If it's under warranty, you could always do that as it's a guaranteed fix.
Closed Thread