Jadey
BBF War Game Mod

Model: Z10
PIN: SEEKRIT innit
Carrier: AT&T
Default Chairman and Date Problem

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. I have also done a quick search with no joy, so was hoping someone could help.

I received a call from Chariman's PA, stating that "the date keeps resetting to January on his BlackBerry"

So I emailed the chairman, outlining how to go to the time/date section under options and ensure that the device is set to pickup time from blackberry network etc.

Then the following email exchange occurred:

Email to me from Chairman
Jade
Its not the date
Its the historic record of emails received that reverts to the first one received!
David

Email from me to Chairman:
Hi David
Sorry for all the emails, but just so as I understand fully.... Do you mean that all emails on your BB appear to have been received on the same date, i.e. 12th January 2007?
Jadey

Email from Chairman to me:
Jade
No
All emails are in date order of receipt
Every now and then when I open up emails the BB reverts to the earliest email received. Which in my case is Jan 2007and i have to scroll forward to October which is a pain in the finger!
David

lol. I know what he means, when the messages screen jumps to the top as opposed to the most recent email. However, I have no idea whether there is a way round this (ideally a nice sort option, or something to say "when opening messages section go to newest email not oldest")
Wishful thinking on my part, but does anyone have any ideas? Particularly with relation to why the device might sometimes decide to start from the "top" of the list (i.e. oldest message) and other times not?
Old 10-22-2007, 09:18 AM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Jadey, tell your Chairman when that happens, he can press T to go to the top of the message list (most recent) and B takes him to the bottom (oldest).

What BB model does he have? I know that shortcut works on full qwerty models (8700, 8300, 8800).

EDIT: on the 8100, '1' is top of message list, or newest; and '7' is bottom or oldest

Last edited by JSanders; 10-22-2007 at 09:21 AM..
Old 10-22-2007, 09:28 AM   #3
Jadey
BBF War Game Mod

Model: Z10
PIN: SEEKRIT innit
Carrier: AT&T

He's got a 7290 I know, Chairman has oldest device - but he is technophobic and refuses to upgrade!

Thanks very much for reply, just what I needed...
Old 10-22-2007, 09:36 AM   #4
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

It is a common problem, someone hitting the B key with their thumb while holding the device in Message view, and then seeing the oldest messages. It gets asked here a few times a week.

If you really want to impress him, read Stinsonddog's tips (see my link below) for the 7200 device. Maybe send him a Tip of the Week, lol... make his life easier, make you worthier.
Closed Thread