Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 10:03 AM   #1
Mikle

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile
Default 8320 - 4.5.0.46 Voice Dialing weird problem

Please Login to Remove!

I have updated to 4.5.0.46 yesterday and everything went OK. The battery was completely full.
This morning, when I checked the phone, battery was on 5% and the phone was showing Voice Dialing Initialization... or something like that.. The screen was frozen and I could not do anything. After soft reset is done, I tried to launch Voice Dialing icon and the phone froze again on Voice Dialing Initialization screen, so I had to reset it again. After the second reset is done VD icon doesn't respond at all.
BTW, I have never used VD before and I do not have any recorded contact for voice dialing. It seems to me like VD initialization started last night by itself and discharged the battery..

Any similar experience?
Old 07-04-2008, 01:07 PM   #2
m4rketsense

Model: 8220
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMOBILE

I tried several of the betas on my 8320, and I found .46 to be the least usable. Issues I encountered:
* No VMI (I use Youmail anyway)
* Mystery unread message icon
* Phone reboot on 40-50% of calls (possible UMA issue, I didn't track it that closely - also, I think it was on landline calls only)
* UMA handoff issues

Not all of these issues are specific to .46 and exist in other betas as well. The biggest issue for me was the phone reboot issue so I have downgraded to .44.

Also, there was a discussion about images not showing up in HTML emails. I found that I could only download them using the "get images" menu item if I was on an EDGE connection. It would not work over wifi.
Closed Thread