BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 02:07 PM   #1
bogman
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile UK
Default Anyone else have this prob with mp3's?

Please Login to Remove!

I've started using my bold instead of my ipod. Generally I'm very pleased with it. The sound quality is excellent. With my Shure iphone adapter, I can pause songs and quickly answer the phone, and I even hear messages and phone calls in noisy environments! Also, it syncs pretty seamlessly and painlessly using Windows Media Player.

However, I have on re-occurring problem/bug that I keep hoping RIM will fix - but still isn't fixed in .185. When I browse by Artist or Album, it correctly displays the Artists & Albums that I've put on the MicroSD Card. However, when I go into the Album, it says "* No Songs *". However, there are definitely songs for that album on the card. If I click on the Blackberry key (rather than trying to view the songs in the album) when highlighting the album and select "Play" from the menu, it will play all the songs in the album.

Anyone else had this bug? Its not a big deal - but is a bit annoying!
Old 11-12-2008, 02:23 PM   #2
Magnum

Model: 9000
PIN: Want my Debit Card?
Carrier: AT&T, Cingular, AT&T..?

This does not happen for me. Mines shows the songs listed in the particular artist / album just as it should.

FWIW, I did the software upgrade to ...185
Old 11-12-2008, 04:31 PM   #3
bogman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
This does not happen for me. Mines shows the songs listed in the particular artist / album just as it should.

FWIW, I did the software upgrade to ...185
Out of curiousity, how do you update the music on your blackberry. I update mine by plugging the Bold into the PC via USB cable. However, I find if I take the card out and put it back in, it resolves the above problem. So maybe the OS scans the card differently if its inserted rather than when its just disconnected as a shared drive?
Old 11-12-2008, 06:10 PM   #4
TallPaul86
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9300
PIN: 27A2D112
Carrier: O2 UK

Hey bogman i too get this problem

I mainly noticed this when i was accessing the library using the Genre filtering and it coming up with No Artists as well...

Again piss anoying but more of a preference than anything else...

I do know that my OS is out of date (everytime i come on here there's a new version! lol) and i will update as soon as i fix my shitty Windows XP - everytime now i plug in a USB device i get the dreaded "Blue Screen with Physical Memory dump" issue...

I did fix it ages ago but cant remember so until i do i cant comment on whether the new OS will have fixed this

Last edited by TallPaul86; 11-12-2008 at 06:12 PM..
Old 11-13-2008, 01:32 AM   #5
bogman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallPaul86 View Post
Hey bogman i too get this problem

I mainly noticed this when i was accessing the library using the Genre filtering and it coming up with No Artists as well...

Again piss anoying but more of a preference than anything else...

I do know that my OS is out of date

I'm on .185 - which is the latest official OS and it hasn't fixed it for me.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:12 AM   #6
dbltap

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

I have over 2000+ songs on my Bold. I see all the album and genre information. Now I don't use Media Manager to put music onto the card. I remove the card and copy the files over then replace the card. All data seems good.

Now this process does update the indexes each time you put the card back into the phone. And the indexes could be your problem here.

One way to test would be to connect your Bold to a computer where you can read the file structure. Delete any thumbs.db in your music folders and any ringtone folders. Eject the memory card... wait 30 seconds or so... then re-insert it. This will force a re-index. Now see if you have album information.

The thumbs.db file is a constant problem for BlackBerry. If I do not remove the memory card and delete these files, my Bold will go into the constant scanning mode after every OS upgrade. If I delete those files and wait to put the memory card back until after the Enterprise Activation, everything works great.

Maybe this is part of the index problem for your album. It's a simple test and could at least let you know one way or another.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:50 AM   #7
Magnum

Model: 9000
PIN: Want my Debit Card?
Carrier: AT&T, Cingular, AT&T..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogman View Post
Out of curiousity, how do you update the music on your blackberry. I update mine by plugging the Bold into the PC via USB cable. However, I find if I take the card out and put it back in, it resolves the above problem. So maybe the OS scans the card differently if its inserted rather than when its just disconnected as a shared drive?
All the music I had on my old curve card was done via BlackBerry Music Sync, then when I got the Bold I bought a higher capacity card, so I put the old card from my curve directly in my PC, plugged in my Bold and transferred everything over.
Closed Thread