Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 05:02 AM   #1
YoungSinema

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Dexrex Issues

Please Login to Remove!

Hi, I'm new here, and I've searched for days for an answer to my question but couldn't find one. I was wondering if anyone knew how to get past step 3 after downloading Dexrex. First, I have an 8100 Pearl. My OS is 4.2. I downloaded the software from dexrex.com/mobile/blackberry. Then I ran the application and can't seem to get past step 3. It says connecting to server than goes back to the screen I just left. I've read that other people says it's a great program, but I can't seem to get it to work properly.

Any help would be appreciated?
Old 04-20-2009, 11:29 AM   #2
rtortora

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Hi, I'm one of the Dexrex engineers who works on Dexrex SMS Backup for Blackberry. Our official channel for support is via emailing 'contact [at] dexrex.com', but I happened to notice this thread.

"Step 3" is when the app first tries to connect to our server. There's a few known issues that can prevent connecting from working, usually due to some obscure Blackberry API bugs.

If you can send a problem report from within the app, then please do so and privately message me your email address. I will find the problem report and see what's going on.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:33 PM   #3
VIOLATOR
CrackBerry Addict

Model: BOLD
PIN: Pulled - 1, 2, 3 run!

Now that is service!

David

Twitter
Old 04-20-2009, 12:45 PM   #4
YoungSinema

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtortora View Post
Hi, I'm one of the Dexrex engineers who works on Dexrex SMS Backup for Blackberry. Our official channel for support is via emailing 'contact [at] dexrex.com', but I happened to notice this thread.

"Step 3" is when the app first tries to connect to our server. There's a few known issues that can prevent connecting from working, usually due to some obscure Blackberry API bugs.

If you can send a problem report from within the app, then please do so and privately message me your email address. I will find the problem report and see what's going on.
Nevermind, I figured it out. All I had to do was set up an email account on my blackberry. Thanks for all the help. The program is great so far. I appreciate the quick response. Actually, I aprreciate the fact that a representative from Dexrex even responded. You guys always reply quickly on here, other sites, and emails. Anyways, thanks again.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:43 PM   #5
rtortora

Model: 9000

Glad you got it working
I added that to the active bug list on Dexrex SMS Backup for Blackberry. Our app should be able to handle not having a pre-configured email address on the phone.
Closed Thread