BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 09:59 AM   #1
prdaley
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: na
PIN: N/A
Carrier: na
Default SQL jobs not running; I just took over server.

Please Login to Remove!

Hey all,

Oh joy! A BES server just landed in my lap. The Windows error logs were just getting jammed with stuff and I figured out relatively quickly that the following jobs under SQL Management were failing each time they ran.

RIMPurgeHistoryBESMgmt
RIMPurgeMDSMsgBESMgmt
RIMPurgeMDSStatsBESMgmt
RIMPurgeOTASLBESMgmt
RIMPurgeWorkQueueBESMgmt

The problem is the owner that they're set to run under no longer exists. It looks like someone set up this server with the default name created by Windows and then changed the name of the server at a later point in time, after the jobs were already created. I looked at the job history on all of these and none of them have ever run successfully. Some of them have been failing for nearly two years. I've been unable to change the owner of the jobs, although I'm sure I could just recreate all of them with current credentials.

My real fear is that if I get these jobs to run correctly they're going to have to purge two years worth of data, may not finish correctly, may crash the server, etc.

This server is due for a rebuild, but in the meantime does anyone have any thoughts? Ramifications for running or continuing to not run these jobs?
Old 03-22-2009, 01:35 PM   #2
stuwhite
Feeling Blue, Bigly ;->

Model: 9000
PIN: 3, it's the magic number
Carrier: Most of them, it's a Global Village man!

Welcome to the land of besadmin dude .

Is everything on the BES and BBs running fine? I am not on my machnies now but don't recall ever seeing those jobs. If you are running fine and planning a new/rebuilt box, I would tend to leave well alone. But do ensure you follow the knottyrope Mantra (TM) - backup backup backup!!! Your db is the heart of the BES so ensure you are getting at least one good backup a day before you go much further
Old 03-24-2009, 02:57 AM   #3
noname
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Location: Congested Islet of "Foreign Talents" (> 45% of workforce) - Singapore.
Model: Z10
PIN: NUKE(PAP)
Carrier: Singtel

Try KB04293 - How to switch BlackBerry Enterprise Server service accounts

Source: View Document
Old 03-24-2009, 03:00 PM   #4
prdaley
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: na
PIN: N/A
Carrier: na

Thanks for the replies. I'll check out KB04293 and report back if I start running the jobs. I'm still afraid to get these jobs running because I don't know what will happen if they've been failing for such a long time, but all of the sudden get turned on. You would think the purge they'd be running would be huge.

Yes, everything is working fine for the users.
Closed Thread