BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
colddesire

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TOUR
Default Can't use the internet, book service has no entries either host routing table

Please Login to Remove!

Hello guys, I just bought a unlocked Blackberry from Verizon on Ebay, I live in Brazil so that makes thinks more complicated, anyways, after calling Blackberry and my service provider I realized that they didn't how to deal with it, so I searched for help on internet and I found that my service book has no entries either my host routing table, and when I try to register that host routing table it says that the message has send but nothing happens, I really don't know that to do. In my mind I think that I have to download all the service books again, but I don't know where I can find it. I also tried to register on that BlackBerry Internet Service in my country but I also didn't get results. By the way, the only application that works with the internet is Foursquare. Additional things: they have a plan here in Brazil for Blackberry, I'm already on this plan, but guess what, can't use the internet, can someone please help me, it would be awesome, Im trying to fix it for like a mouth. Thanks.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:11 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Can't use the internet, book service has no entries either host routing table

It sound like you do not have a blackberry data plan. You need to call the carrier and get one, not a cell data plan. Without one most things do not work as you found.

What do I need a Data Plan for? - BlackBerryFAQ
Old 03-28-2012, 07:23 PM   #3
colddesire

Default Re: Can't use the internet, book service has no entries either host routing table

how do I get this data plan then?
Old 03-28-2012, 07:36 PM   #4
tsac
BlackBerry God

You need to call your cell carrier and ask for a specific plan that supports a blackberry and all its functions. If they do not know what your talking about they may not offer that type of service and you will need to make a change.
Who is your carrier? I dont recognize TOUR
Old 03-28-2012, 07:41 PM   #5
colddesire

it's TIM
Old 03-28-2012, 07:48 PM   #6
tsac
BlackBerry God

Telecom Italia Mobile offers service on many devices but I cannot find blackberry although they indicate it is available on their web site.
I would make a call and ask about the blackberry service for your phone.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:03 PM   #7
colddesire

I already did as I said, but nothing happens, they just dont know what to do
Old 03-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #8
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by colddesire View Post
I already did as I said, but nothing happens, they just dont know what to do
Have you visited a TIM shop?
Old 03-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #9
tsac
BlackBerry God

Then you need to ask for someone who does. Ask for a higher level of support. If you still get the same then it may be they do not offer blackberry service in your area. I can find no indication they do offer BB data service but do mention blackberrys on their support links.

I found the web link that does indicate they sell BB's but i cannot fully read the language so i still suggest a call
Old 03-28-2012, 08:38 PM   #10
colddesire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc View Post
Have you visited a TIM shop?
yes I did, and they said they dont configurate the cellphone there
Old 03-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #11
colddesire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsac View Post
Then you need to ask for someone who does. Ask for a higher level of support. If you still get the same then it may be they do not offer blackberry service in your area. I can find no indication they do offer BB data service but do mention blackberrys on their support links.

I found the web link that does indicate they sell BB's but i cannot fully read the language so i still suggest a call

oh ok, so the service book being empty is because i dont have the bb thing? I dont get it all. But how about the foursquare working?
Old 03-29-2012, 07:21 AM   #12
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by colddesire View Post
oh ok, so the service book being empty is because i dont have the bb thing? I dont get it all. But how about the foursquare working?
That won't work either.

The other thing that may be an issue is you are using a primarily CDMA device with a GSM carrier. As such, they may not even have the service books for that device.

By the way, in what country are you located? I know TIM offers BlackBerry in Italy, but I'm not sure about the other countries like Brasil.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:49 PM   #13
tsac
BlackBerry God

The OP said Brazil and I attempted to see if TIM offers BB type service in that area. Their web site shows BB's but the plans offered do not show any BB plans. I may have missed something due to the language. I also suspect they offer the phone for calls only and for some reasom, maybe a country restriction do not offer a BB plan. Not quite sure.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:48 AM   #14
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Oh. I had a hard time reading the post so I just based off of your replies.

Anyway, I can generally read Portuguese, so I was able to find the BlackBerry plans section.

Pré-Pago e Controle - BlackBerry - Internet| TIM

OP may have to change states (I picked São Paulo because it's where I was born), but it should be the same. It is R$1 per day for prepaid BB service, and can be activated by sending an SMS with the message ILIMITADO to 8080.

All that said, the OP may still have issues getting service books on a 9630 as TIM is a GSM carrier only and never sold the 9630.