Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 03:29 AM   #1
Trafficmaster

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Default Smartnav Mobile Navigation - Beta testers needed

Please Login to Remove!

Trafficmaster will shortly release a Beta version of their Smartnav Mobile for Blackberry 8800 and 8300 series.

It was initially launched on Windows mobile in May 2009 and the Beta phase on Blackeberry is likely to start within the next few days.

Trafficmaster are looking for around 100 Beta testers to try out and feedback on the Blackberry version.

To register your interest, simply email your request to

[email address]

If you are not familiar with Smartnav, full details can be found on our website.
It is unique in having a call PA function whereby you can call a PA who can locate your destination and sent the route via GPRS to your phone.
It also uses Trafficmaster Traffic information to keep you clear of jams.

Beta testers will get 90 days activation - only costs will be those calls to the PA which will be at normal national rate. Postcode entry, address entry, last and favourites can be entered using the BB keypad.

I hope you like Smartnav Mobile as much as we do!
Old 07-23-2009, 12:18 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Is this just for UK users?

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 07-29-2009, 02:27 PM   #3
Trafficmaster

Model: 8800
Default Smartnav Mobile

At the moment, Smartnav Mobile will be UK only, initially on 8800 and 8300 series.
Bold will follow within a month.

Moving forward, we will have US and European routing, Speed Camera detection and many more exciting developments.

We will list them here when they are available.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:41 PM   #4
davidnowens

Model: 8310

Hi,

I have just purchased an 8310 from O2 and downloaded the SmartNav app. When I enter the activation code and my mobile number, I get a Communication Error. Please configure your device to allow access to the internet!

I have GPRS access and have also tried in an area covered by EDGE and still no joy. I can access the internet - BB Maps, Google Maps / Windows Messenger and also checked with 02 - there are no more settings to set.

I really want to be albe to try the SmartNav on my BB, but I am running out of ideas. So far trafficmaster customers services have not replied to any of my emails and the FAQ and user manual do not cover this issue. I am sure I am not the only person with this issue - if I cannot get it working soon - I will have to look at any alternatives - very frustrating.

Anybody had a similar issue - trafficmaster - are you out there - any pointers to solve this!!!

Many thanks

Dave
Old 10-04-2009, 05:14 PM   #5
Chris007

Carrier: Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidnowens View Post
Hi,

I have just purchased an 8310 from O2 and downloaded the SmartNav app. When I enter the activation code and my mobile number, I get a Communication Error. Please configure your device to allow access to the internet!

I have GPRS access and have also tried in an area covered by EDGE and still no joy. I can access the internet - BB Maps, Google Maps / Windows Messenger and also checked with 02 - there are no more settings to set.

I really want to be albe to try the SmartNav on my BB, but I am running out of ideas. So far trafficmaster customers services have not replied to any of my emails and the FAQ and user manual do not cover this issue. I am sure I am not the only person with this issue - if I cannot get it working soon - I will have to look at any alternatives - very frustrating.

Anybody had a similar issue - trafficmaster - are you out there - any pointers to solve this!!!

Many thanks

Dave
Dave,

To do this goto Options > Advanced options > TCP then enter mobile.o2.co.uk for the APN username is web password web.

Hope you get this up and running.

Chris.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:23 PM   #6
davidnowens

Thank you Chris,

You are a star - it now works - only wish Traffic Master Customer Services had bothered to help me out. It was left with their IT support to get back to me, 3 weeks later and no news!

Anyway - thank you very much - it works!

Old 10-05-2009, 05:20 PM   #7
Chris007

Carrier: Orange

Might be worth and checking with O2 to see if data over that APN is included in your bundle, if not you may get charged for data usage.

Google "blackberry o2 apn"

and check the first link.
Closed Thread