Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 12:54 PM   #1
bberry_8330

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default Dead Blackberry! HELP ASAP

Please Login to Remove!

So my blackberry fell and now has a cracked screen, and no life. The LED is not flashing, there's no white screen and the phone just won't turn on. I have read on several posts that this could mean the OS is corrupt- could this be the case for mine? If so, where can I find instructions to restore it.

If not, is there any way for me to restore my blackberry?

An additional question: When using the Device Switch software from the DM, does the software actually keep a copy of the backup that is created to transfer all the data from one BB to another?

Desperately, bberry_8330
Old 09-09-2009, 02:38 PM   #2
Trimix
BlackBerry Master

Model: 8320
PIN: infarina
Carrier: of alotta bacteria

Wirelessly posted (Tmo's cheapest BB customer)

When you connect your device to the computer does BB desktop manager register the device as being connected?

If not you might be out of luck. But in any case, you could try to reload your OS with JL commander. I'm on wap right now so I can't link you at the moment.

Not sure if the device switch option keeps a copy of the data or not. Your best bet is with a copy made from the backup/restore option on BB DM. If you have a copy you can transfer the data to another device easily.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:07 PM   #3
kurichan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon BIS / BES

Bury it, sacrifice a spring chicken, do the booga wooga dance over the grave, and hope it comes back in zombie form?

(sorry, feeling a little slap happy and couldn't resist...)
9630 #4 < 9630 #3 < 9630 #2 < 9630 < 9530 (returned) < 8703 < 7250
Old 09-09-2009, 03:19 PM   #4
monkeypaw
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: None
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

DO NOT try an OS install as the first step. If it is alive, but just with a dead display, you'll delete your data.

In your case, it's not likely to be an OS problem, it's the crack in the screen and maybe another hardware problem resulting from the fall.

You can try JL_cmder and see if it'll take a screen shot to see if there's life there. DO NOT do the wipe, pick the screen shot option.
How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ
Old 09-10-2009, 09:57 AM   #5
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by bberry_8330 View Post
An additional question: When using the Device Switch software from the DM, does the software actually keep a copy of the backup that is created to transfer all the data from one BB to another?
I'm not sure but in the future definitely backup and/or sync regularly! It's very easy to lose/break mobile devices.
Closed Thread