Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 10:47 PM   #1
Scooters
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular
Default Fortte Curve Lateral Case- 9 Month Review

Please Login to Remove!

I'm way late in writing my review on Fortte's Lateral Case for the Curve. However, now I can give you my "long term test report" instead of my initial reaction.

It has been almost 9 months since I got the case. Of the 3 cases that I bought (Blackberry OEM, and another pocket case), I use this one every day.

I ordered the black lateral case with magnetic catch and belt loops.

The case is very well constructed and has worn very well. I use it daily and still have few wear marks of any kind. If anything, I see a bit of "shine" on the flap of the case, above the magnetic catch.

I believe that the secret to this case is ordering it with the belt loops, rather than clips. The loops hold it close to the body. Coupled with the narrow curve, sitting laterally, it is easy to forget that you are wearing the BBY.

Note: I once had one of their cases with the swivel clip. It stuck out too far. I didn't care for it at all.

If you plan to use a lateral, you do need to note on which side you carry the BBY. Everything works great if you carry the BBY on your right side.

I'm left handed. Thus, the pouch is on my left hip. With most lateral cases on the left side, you will have to put the BBY in backwards to get the case's "sleep" magnet to engage.

Peter (PRB) was kind enough to make a left handed model for me. That moves the case magnet so that it works when the BBY is holstered heads-forward.

Overall, I'm very impressed. I give it an "all thumbs up." Additionally, Peter's extra help with the left handed model was great!

(Disclosure: I have no business interest in Fortte. I paid for this case. However, Peter was kind enough to produce a left-handed model for me.)