Old 06-04-2011, 02:49 AM   #1
amitkedia

Model: BOLD
PIN: N/A
Carrier: LOOP MOBILE
Red face Email Setup Problem

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All:

I got the new BOLD and restored all the data and settings from my earlier Blackberry CURVE through the Blackberry Desktop Software.

Even though the Email accounts have been created they don't work.
I goto SETUP and then EMAIL ACCOUNTS and then click on "Personal Email Setup" but the screen remains the same. Somehow the Personal Email setup option seems to be inactive or non responsive.

Moreover, the calendar settings saved by me under "Calender Options" seems to get erased and the setting goes back to its original.

Can anyone help.

Cheers...
Old 06-04-2011, 08:35 AM   #2
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: Email Setup Problem

If you're on a BES system at work and you're using your BlackBerry on it you may have an IT Policy that restricts outside/personal email accounts. And if your BlackBerry was bought from somebody that used to have it on a BES system it might still have the old IT Policy from that company.

If you're on a BIS plan it sounds like your BlackBerry data plan is not pointing to your device. Go to your carrier's BIS page, log in with your user name and password, and enter/re-enter your PIN and IMEI numbers. Then go to Help on that web page and look for a button to Resend Service Books. On your BlackBerry itself, go to Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table and us ethe Menu key to select "Register" or "Register with the Network".
Closed Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off