Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 10:00 PM   #1
eric0668
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8705g
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Blackberry 8320 Case

Please Login to Remove!

Thanks to all for helping me make my decision. Ordering it on Wed. after I pay my Tmo bill

Is the case that comes with it horizontal?? I grew to love the horiz. one when it came with the Dash. I never thought I would.

Covertec Horizontal Case for BlackBerry Curve -- Anyone recommend this one, just in case it does not come with a horizontal one? (that tan looks orange...anyone seen it. I would like tan/brown or black)

thanks
eric
Old 10-06-2007, 10:34 PM   #2
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Model: 9530
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric0668 View Post
Thanks to all for helping me make my decision. Ordering it on Wed. after I pay my Tmo bill

Is the case that comes with it horizontal?? I grew to love the horiz. one when it came with the Dash. I never thought I would.

Covertec Horizontal Case for BlackBerry Curve -- Anyone recommend this one, just in case it does not come with a horizontal one? (that tan looks orange...anyone seen it. I would like tan/brown or black)

thanks
eric
It comes with just a sleeve from T-Mobile.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:38 PM   #3
eric0668
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by troydbrown View Post
It comes with just a sleeve from T-Mobile.
Darn. and right after I posted, I went to another post and read that the 8310 comes with a fabulous case so I got all excited. I think that is vodafone in Europe? Is the case Carrier dictated?

thx a lot for your post
Eric
Old 10-06-2007, 10:48 PM   #4
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric0668 View Post
Darn. and right after I posted, I went to another post and read that the 8310 comes with a fabulous case so I got all excited. I think that is vodafone in Europe? Is the case Carrier dictated?

thx a lot for your post
Eric
The carrier does have a say as to what is in the box. Just like which features the phone has. The sleeve / pouch is nice but i don't like it in my pocket.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:41 PM   #5
wirelessforever
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: XXXX
PIN: XXXX
Carrier: XXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by troydbrown View Post
The sleeve / pouch is nice but i don't like it in my pocket.
I agree.

It is kind of useless unless you carry your Curve in a briefcase or a purse. There is no function on the sleeve to attach it to a belt and any serious male user is normally going to need to have something to attach to his belt.

I bought a case from AT&T which is designed for Treos. It's a nice grade of leather and my Curve fits in it albeit with much room to spare because the Treo is much fatter.

It's ashame there aren't better leather case options out there. I guess as the Curve gains in popularity the options for cases will grow as well.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:52 PM   #6
CraigInBoulder

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Default Nice Curve Case Option

I ordered my case from Noreve at

Noreve - Etui cuir BlackBerry 8300 Curve Tradition

The case is excellent! Communication wth the company sucked and two emails from me were ignored, but I got the case in the time frame they specified (1 month basically). This is a French company, so there may have been a lanuage issue for them to reply.

I'ts one of the best cases I've ever had and I have had some nice ones, including Vaja.

Craig
Old 10-07-2007, 12:20 AM   #7
wirelessforever
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: XXXX
PIN: XXXX
Carrier: XXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigInBoulder View Post
I ordered my case from

The case is excellent!

I'ts one of the best cases I've ever had and I have had some nice ones, including Vaja.

Craig
Doesn't that large leather flap make the case ridiculous to use when you using the phone to make calls?

It would seem to me that you'd have that flap slapping you in the head as you use your Curve to talk on a call.

Doesn't seem to be a good fit for me. Am I missing something?
Old 10-07-2007, 01:16 AM   #8
XBGM3R
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900c
Carrier: ▪T▪▪▪Mobile▪

For the turth, You can find the blackjack cases, or Moto Q, or Dash pouch at any super-store or cellphone store. the 8300/8320 Curve guaranty will fit in those as perfect case for certian!
Old 10-07-2007, 02:01 AM   #9
PCgirl

Model: iP 4S
Carrier: AT&T
Smile

Not sure from your post if you have the Dash case but if you do or can get your hands on one, know that the Curve fits perfectly in it.

FYI, our local T-Mo store just got some new Curve belt cases (sorry, I only saw vertical ones) as well as the gel covers in today so I'm sure others did too.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:19 AM   #10
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Best Buy has the OEM BlackBerry cases for the 8300 series on sale for $11.55 right now FYI.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:13 AM   #11
jmhijazi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: N82

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigInBoulder View Post
I ordered my case from Noreve at

The case is excellent! Communication wth the company sucked and two emails from me were ignored, but I got the case in the time frame they specified (1 month basically). This is a French company, so there may have been a lanuage issue for them to reply.

Craig
I wish i had seen you post earlier, wow what a nice case, i ordered the holster from seidio, DARNNNN!!!
Old 10-13-2007, 06:06 PM   #12
eric0668
CrackBerry Addict

Thanks all!! The French case listed above looked great, but I have to agree, I was thinking the same thing about the looks and practicality of the flap.

I got one similar to that for the 8700 from Fortee' (you will never have anything but EXCELLENT communication from them, namely Salo one of the sups, and we here at the forum get 20% off) but it did not have the flap.

That leads to my general problem --Indecisiveness, I suppose, and any opinions would be welcomed.

While that Fortee case I spoke of was wonderful, it hid the beauty of the BB, and this one is even better looking so why hide it. Then I got the Seidioonline skin with the skinned holster. I did like it a lot. I wasn't sure how it made the BB appear, but it was nice, except the black collected dust. I think the white would look much nice, matching the trackball.

and I also had the skins. can anyone remind me of the name of that company in case I get it. It came with a lifelong warranty.. They did a different function, protected it from scratches

I guess I personally need to decide if I want something to help protect it or help keep it attached to me somehow. And along with those, to which degree I will sacrice some of it 's looks

ahhhhhhh so indecisiveness. But I am grateful for all of your recommendations
Old 10-13-2007, 06:12 PM   #13
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

I got the hybrid hard case and clip holster from Seidio. I like it. It's black & rubberized on the back and clear on the front. I use it with a screen protector from Shieldzone.com.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:24 PM   #14
eric0668
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
I got the hybrid hard case and clip holster from Seidio. I like it. It's black & rubberized on the back and clear on the front. I use it with a screen protector from Shieldzone.com.
Hey John, thanks man, I could not have asked for such a perfect reply. Seems like you understood my confusion or not knowing what I wanted. Or u had the same desires, ie. to not lose the beauty of the curve

thanks again.

I think the rubber case would be bulkier don't you? and the skins, while they are prolly the the smallest of design, and transparent, I think you can still see them and take away from the beauty, professional look, whatever ,, don't you. would love ur opinion
Old 10-13-2007, 06:27 PM   #15
John Clark
BBF Moderator

The hybrid hard case does add a bit of bulk but I get in and out of airplanes all the time and If I drop it down the steps of the plane the worst that will happen is the hard case will get all banged up and I'll get a new one.

What I'd like is a leather holster that it would slide into with the hard case on it. I may try the OEM leather holster from shopblackberry but just haven't gotten that far.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:35 PM   #16
eric0668
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
The hybrid hard case does add a bit of bulk but I get in and out of airplanes all the time and If I drop it down the steps of the plane the worst that will happen is the hard case will get all banged up and I'll get a new one.

What I'd like is a leather holster that it would slide into with the hard case on it. I may try the OEM leather holster from shopblackberry but just haven't gotten that far.
John

so even tho they say it is thin, 1mm, and it looks thin, you say it isn't. It prolly isn't as thin as what they say is their thinist, the rully hard rubber, at also 1mm (doesn't make sense, same size) (that case, and the back of yours I imagine is a lot like the sides of the curve or the back of the Dash?)

Can I ask you why you didn't get the screen cover from Seidio? Not as good as shieldzone?

And the bundle package, why didn't you get that? that holster is plastic and you are looking for leather? Is that the reason? I have never seen leather holster. screenshot?

thx
eric

btw is NewJersey still a mod on here
Old 10-13-2007, 06:40 PM   #17
John Clark
BBF Moderator

It is very thin. However, it's 1mm all the way around so does add a slight amount of additional bulk. It's not bulky. It's a very nice setup. It's the first time I've used it and I'm very happy with it. I purchased the bundle with just the holster and hard case. I bought the shieldzone because I've purchased them before and was always happy. If I didn't like the Seidio case I could always just add the rest of the shieldzone skins and be good to go. I bought the entire package from Shieldzone but only put on the screen protector and battery cover pieces. I'll add the others if I decide to quit using the hard case (not likely, though.)

Official RIM BlackBerry Accessories Store - Mobile phone accessory,Batteries,Headsets,Chargers,Cases,Holste rs,Handsfree,travel gear,Cell Phone,7510,7280,7230,7750,6710,7210 has leather holsters for the Curve (and other models.)
Old 10-13-2007, 06:45 PM   #18
PCgirl

Model: iP 4S
Lightbulb

Quote:

Maybe you could try a leather holster made for a slightly bigger smartphone, say like a Treo or 8700?
Old 10-13-2007, 06:52 PM   #19
John Clark
BBF Moderator

I thought about that. Not sure yet. I do like what I have for now.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:08 PM   #20
WASTE

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobilezzzzzz

I just ordered this case myself:

Armor Case - Curve Metal Case / BlackBerry Curve Metal Case / Curve Aluminum Case / BlackBerry Curve Aluminum Case

I like the look of that French leather case, but I don't have any insurance on this phone, so I went with a hard case. :P
Closed Thread