Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 10:55 AM   #1
robrike

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Desktop Manager; server status offline

Please Login to Remove!

Hi.
I have searched all over the board and can find nothing to explain this problem.
I am running my 8100 on my desktop at work using redirector. My desktop connects to our Server which is running SBS 2003 and Exchange. I upgraded to Vista Business and Office 2007 last month and was apprehensive about the upgrade but it went fine and I get all my mail through Outlook 2007 and redirector.

The problem is we just hired another guy and he has an 8130. He has an identical desktop setup with Vista and Outlook 2007 and connects via Exchange. I loaded Desktop Manager 4.3 and plugged him up after the install and redirector says "email settings unavailable-run desktop manager." If you go to DM, email settings is greyed out. DM shows "Server status:offline" at all times. It will synch with his contacts and Outlook data but redirector shows no pin number and always says email settings unavailable. I tried creating a new profile for him in exchange and still no luck. I even loaded DM on an XP desktop we had and tried connecting him with it and get the same thing. Deleted and resent service books, etc.

I cannot figure out why mine is working fine with an identical setup and his is not. Has anyone ever run across this? We tried cached and uncached in Outlook and there was no difference.

We also have a sonicwall in place on the network but I can connect mine just fine to my DM so I find it hard to believe it could be a firewall port issue but I am open to suggestions. The owner is running BES on the server for himself but I have used redirector for a couple of years and like it that way. Does BES interfere in any way if there is more than one preson using Redirector? I would not think it would even know.

Thanks everyone,

Rob
Old 10-02-2008, 02:15 PM   #2
Heath_83

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Arrow Desktop Manager and Redirector Problem

I am having the same issue that your co-worker is having. I just upgraded to Vista still running Office 2007. When I pull up my desktop manager the server status is showing offline, but it shows my pin number. Everything on desktop manager is lit up except for my email settings and it is blacked out when I goto click on it, it gives this error message " Email settings are not available without an online connection to your messaging system."

Then when I pull up my redirector it says under the status box " Not configured- please run BlackBerry Desktop Manager."

If anyone has a solution to this problem it would help me out tremendously!
Closed Thread