Old 11-22-2008, 01:15 PM   #1
dylanleonard1122
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default Is the Storm for me?

Please Login to Remove!

I'd just like someone, who is not biased and currently owns the bb storm to answer that question for me?

-I am NOTT a power e mailer, in fact, i dont plan on emailing at all on this phone.

-my txt messaging plan is 250 txts a month, i rarely hit that

-I want a phone that is flashy, i think its pretty obvious to me that the storm covers that, but are there any flaws

-I've reached my upgrade so I'm available for a new every 2 deal, which puts the phone pricing at $150 for me

-I will be using the browser and i am in a verizon wireless "hotspot" so i should receive good coverage.

-I need a reliable phone that will last me atleast 2 years, so does it feel like it will hold up?

For the price of $150 do you think this phone suits me? and if not please point me in the direction of an alternative Verizon wireless phone
Old 11-22-2008, 05:44 PM   #2
annonymous1
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: none
Carrier: Telstra

I think the phone could be ideal to you - but if you dont make emails, your missing out on the BB main feature. But anyway,

All the things you have listed, makes you a good storm user. The phone definantly is flashy and i dont see any flaws in its looks if thats what your saying, the browser is fantastic on the device and that your in a hotspot and use the browser is perfect - you'll love the browser...

But I highly suggest that you go to the store and try out the device, because everyone has different opinions of this phone as you can tell by all the reviews.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:15 PM   #3
BigA
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iphon
PIN: Prick
Carrier: Verizon

You are aware that ALL Verizon Blackberries require a data plan right? You just can't have voice and txt only. This includes Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) which includes email and web, no txt. For txt messaging you will pay extra.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:59 PM   #4
mastdog
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: ----
PIN: Go Steelers!
Carrier: AT&T

I would suggest that you look at the LG Dare I think. Its a touch screen, has access to data but you won't get the burden of the BB Data plan. Also, it looks really cool! I actually was thinking about it but I use the BB WAY too much for email. Like 8 accounts come in on this phone, so the LG would be no good for me. Check it out..
Old 11-22-2008, 09:12 PM   #5
dylanleonard1122
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

just got back from the vzw store, and after playing with the storm for a good 10-15 minutes i decided i would order it. I tried not to pay as much attention to the slowness and the lag of the phone, because i understand this will be fixed eventually. The typing seemed to work fine for me, i busted out a few good sized txts without any errors. the build of the phone felt really good, however i couldnt get an accurate feel on the weight because of the stupid security clips they put on the backs of the phones. Camera looked great, i was overal really pleased with everything.
Closed Thread