Old 11-29-2010, 05:22 AM   #1
robkemp

Model: Bonus
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Default internet problems

Please Login to Remove!

hi everyone
today I downloaded a facebook app from the blackberry website and now my internet isn't working - I can't see how to delete it or get my internet back
any ideas?

thanks
Old 11-29-2010, 06:00 AM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: internet problems

Do a hard reset.... With the power on, remove the battery for at least 30 seconds.

If that doesn't fix things, resend service books. (See blackberryfaq.com for directions if you do not know how to resend service books.)
Old 02-27-2011, 07:22 PM   #3
swilb

Model: 8330
Carrier: ATT

My internet on my bb curve 8310 # I believe is not working. Communication error: server is busy. It will attempt to load at a irritating snail's pace and then, bam, the communication error msg. Please help. At other times while in my home, used to work everywhere inside, says data service not available at this location. What is going on???
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 02-27-2011, 07:30 PM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Could be the site you are visiting. Or, does it happen no matter which URL you visit?

Try a hard reset as suggested above. If that doesn't fix things, the delete browser cache and cookies, do another hard reset, and try again. That will likely fix the problem with loading pages if it is a general glitch and not a problem with one site.

Regarding the service problem, are you actually losing signal? If so, not anything you can do on your end. And the variability isn't a surprise to me. I have some fringe locations where some days or even some times of day the signals is just barely good enough and other times not.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:31 PM   #5
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

First Hijacking a post is poor taste.

Do you have a Blackberry Data plan? If it only works when near a WIFI source it sounds like you do not.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:56 PM   #6
swilb

Model: 8330
Carrier: ATT

Yes, of course I have a BB data plan. And as far as hijacking a post, it was a related issue. If that was poor etiquette, please forgive me. Not very savvy to forum etiquette but people like you will bring me up to speed quickly it seems. I have cleared cache but not pushed content. Should I clear pushed content? You have confirmed that I am taking right steps but still having issues. Also phone has been dropping calls due to browser freezing. Moment ago showed service was off and no service. Never seen it do that.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:51 AM   #7
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

If you are in a fringe area you may see the signal indicator vary between barely one bar, SOS, and no signal. You may start downloading a page and all seems fine, and then you get the communication error. If it is simply a signal strength issue, the only thing you can do is use wifi if it's available to you, or else find another spot where the signal is better.

I have been in locations where 3G throughput starts to trickle and then comes to a stop. Apparently the handset has access to 2G put for some glitch isn't making the switch. A soft reset in that situation does the trick, and the BlackBerry boots back up on 2G.

If signal is fine and the problem is corruption in the cache files causing an error preventing pages from loading, I usually try clearing everything but cookies first. So my advice would be to clear pushed content just to play it safe, along with history and content cache. If you don't have a lot of sites to log back into or page settings to reset, then delete cookies, too; or else try it without deleting cookies, and do it as a last resort.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:24 AM   #8
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Another thought on things to look at. I for instance have an issue with BlackBerry Podcasts app. I find that often when it is downloading a podcast I will get the 'communication failure...please try again' message with the browser. I'm not 100% sure of this, but it seems to happen for me when using the mobile network but not when using wifi.

At any rate, if you still have problems, look at the apps you have running when you get the browser error, particularly apps running in the background that might be hitting the network at the same time you are getting the error. Or, shut everything down, test for a while, then turn apps back on one at a time, testing in between.
Closed Thread