BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 11:40 AM   #1
mafiaconnected
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700c
Carrier: T-Mobile/Cingular
Default Uncooperative Back/Escape Button????

Please Login to Remove!

Does anyone else have a T-Mobile 8700g and experience the same problem that I have? For some reason, you have to push really hard on the back button just to get out of something. It's really annoying because sometimes I will open up an email and once I am done and want to go back into the inbox, I find myself pressing really hard to get the email to close, and it just ends up backing all the way out to the home screen. This also happens in the browser, I end up exiting the browser when I really wanted to go back a page.

Some of my co-workers have an 8700c and their back button has a click when they push it in. I called T-Mo and asked if their 8700's had a click when pushed or not, and they said no, it should just feel like a soft effort on the back button????

Anyone know what I am talking about?

Last edited by mafiaconnected; 02-06-2007 at 11:46 AM..
Old 02-06-2007, 11:59 AM   #2
Andi
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

You could use the red phone button on the front instead -- I have had users kill the escape button - it could still be under warranty for you??
Old 02-06-2007, 12:51 PM   #3
mafiaconnected

yea, I could, I just dont want to have to go back to the home screen everytime. I called T-Mo and they are going to send me a new one, but I am concerned that they said none of the 8700g have a click to the escape button.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:07 PM   #4
VickyPaz
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: TMobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiaconnected
yea, I could, I just dont want to have to go back to the home screen everytime. I called T-Mo and they are going to send me a new one, but I am concerned that they said none of the 8700g have a click to the escape button.
Hi, I'm on TM with an 8700g too and my escape button does have a very tiny sounding click to it. It's almost not audible (and it doesn't feel like a click if that makes any sense) but there is one there.

I wouldn't always go by what the TM reps say. I've had this continual problem with my BBs (on my 4th replacement now) where each time a different key starts to go dead. I am not doing anything abnormal to my BB and take really good care of it and don't even type on it more than average. Yet, TM says they have no idea what's causing the problem. Took like 6 reps before one of them suggested it *could* be a software issue and told me some things to try on this latest replacement.

My guess is that your replacement BB's escape button will have a click.

Good luck...

Last edited by VickyPaz; 02-06-2007 at 01:11 PM..
Old 02-06-2007, 06:37 PM   #5
mafiaconnected

yea, I dont see how there could be a difference between the 8700g and 8700c as far as the overall build of the buttons (although I have heard small differences in the quality). I hope the replacement work a whole lot better. Thanks for the reply.