BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 11:59 AM   #1
ttmanofsteel

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmobile
Default Answering Calls When In Sleep Mode...possible???

Please Login to Remove!

so am not quite sure but i could have sworn when i first got my pearl and i wud put it into sleep mode so i can carry it around in my pocket with the keys locked I wud be able to answer calls when they came in while in sleep mode.
Anywho i cud be wrong. But is there a way or a setting am forgetting that when the Pearl is in sleep mode and a call comes in I CAN answer it?
Every time now while in sleep the number shows up with the option of "answer" or "ignore", i can scroll between the two options with the trackball but when i try to press the trackball to choose my option.....NOTHING.
I can move the trackball but cant choose an option. HELP! (if any)
Old 04-04-2007, 01:53 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

ttmanofsteel--"Sleep Mode" is when your BB is in a holster with a magnet which puts the BB to "sleep"; I suspect that you are turning your BB off (which is not sleep mode)?
Old 04-04-2007, 08:23 PM   #3
canonbomb1987
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8100c
Carrier: Cingular

I think the OP is talkin bout standby mode. I cant answer my phone calls from standby mode either. Idk what RIM was thinking there.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:27 PM   #4
stertyn

Carrier: T-Mobile

You should be able to answer phone calls in standby mode. I keep my BB in standby more often than not due to pocket/bag issues. Every time a phone call comes in the BB "wakes up" and as soon as I hang up it goes back into standby. I didn't activate any settings; it has always been like this.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:22 AM   #5
tran_man

Model: 8300
Carrier: Cingular/AT&T

Seems to be a common problem...answering calls coming out of standby mode is a hit and miss with mine. Coming out of the lock mode (holding the * key), I have had no problems answering phone calls. No solution exists as far as I know.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:07 AM   #6
canonbomb1987
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8100c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tran_man
Seems to be a common problem...answering calls coming out of standby mode is a hit and miss with mine. Coming out of the lock mode (holding the * key), I have had no problems answering phone calls. No solution exists as far as I know.
Mine is the same way. I use the auto lock utility and the phone works fine. But standby mode is a diffrent story.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:55 AM   #7
twgg

Model: 8120
Carrier: Rogers

I have the same problem! I think its related to the memory or something because when I reset the phone it seems to work for awhile...
Old 04-05-2007, 12:29 PM   #8
ttmanofsteel

Carrier: tmobile
Angry

well yes seems like some of u got wat i mean. i put my Pearl on Standby which u do by holding the mute button at the top left of the Pearl. after like 2 seconds it goes into Standby mode. I do this to both conserve battery and also to lock the keys so no accidents may happen while in my pocket.
When a call comes in it "wakes up" as such and u have the option to "answer" or "ignore" and u can move the trackball to suit which option u want. u just cant actually choose an option. everything else is still locked.
Only thing u can do is watch the call go to yur voicemail.
Shit is pissing me off!!!
Old 04-05-2007, 01:53 PM   #9
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

I think the first problem is you are putting your phone in standby mode... As I understand the unit, in standby it is only intended to come on when either an alarm is set or a calendar appointment has been set to alert you in Standby mode.

Interestingly enough, there is another thread of discussion on this very same topic running concurrently with this one.
http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ndby-mode.html
Old 04-05-2007, 02:41 PM   #10
robotpedlr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders
I think the first problem is you are putting your phone in standby mode... As I understand the unit, in standby it is only intended to come on when either an alarm is set or a calendar appointment has been set to alert you in Standby mode.
[/url]
That is not correct. Your phone SHOULD come out of standby when it rings also. Mine does. The problem so of the people above are having is some sort of bug...but if it was working fine it definitely comes out of standy mode for calls. I am in stand by mode 90% of the time and every call brings it out to give you the Answer / Ignore option.
Closed Thread