Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 10:43 AM   #1
ajtopp

Model: Dash
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Accept/decline meeting invites

Please Login to Remove!

I have an odd issue that I can't find mention of anywhere. Users are noticing that sometimes, when recieving a calendar invite, the "Accept" and "Decline" buttons appear in the email, and can be selected by spinning the scroll wheel. Other times, these buttons are missing, and users must click their scroll wheel, and navigate the pop-up menu to select "Accept" and "Decline."

I haven't been able to find any rhyme or reason to why invites appear one way rather than the other. It doesn't seem to matter if the invite is HTML or text, intra or extra organizational, sent from Office 2003 vs. Office 2007...

Has anyone seen this before? Is it an option I can toggle? Or does it have to do with the way invites are being composed/sent?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew
Old 05-07-2007, 10:47 AM   #2
bremere
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8230
PIN: ky and the Brain
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I can honestly say that I have never been able to accept a meeting request thru the email it comes on. I always have to click the trackwheel and choose my acceptance.

I'd be interested in finding out how to make the accept/decline buttons inside the email, my poor trackwheel is getting a workout!

-emb
Old 05-07-2007, 10:54 AM   #3
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

I don't believe BIS supports meeting invitations. Could it be that your sending/receiving some on BES and some on BIS? The new BIS (v2.3) I thought I saw it having meeting invitations as a new feature. It requires your service provider to upgrade.

Regards-Michael G.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:39 PM   #4
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgerbasio View Post
I don't believe BIS supports meeting invitations. Could it be that your sending/receiving some on BES and some on BIS? The new BIS (v2.3) I thought I saw it having meeting invitations as a new feature. It requires your service provider to upgrade.

Regards-Michael G.
iCal on BIS 2.3 will only work between blackberry devices. That's what is reported on Boygenius
Closed Thread