Old 01-27-2009, 08:51 AM   #1
Caspan
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Large MMS wont send???

Please Login to Remove!

Anyone else having the same issue as me.

If I take a picture with my Bold at the max resolution its aprox size is 0.5 MB. To access the picture I go to Media > Pictures and i find the picture. I click the BB button on it ans select send VIA MMS and finish the rest and send it. The person I'm sending to uses Telus and they never receive it. After mush attempts I still had not one message arrive to them.

It clued into me last night it might be the size. So I decided to send her a wallpaper i had that was maybe 100K and it sent with no problem. so finally I though well if i take smaller pictures I can send them and sure enough they can send if i take them very small and use the same method above to send it. well what if i want to take in Hi RES and send a picture.. Does the BB not down size it to be a reasonable size before sending?

Some more playing around really stumped me because the BB does do this if and only if you compose your MMS first then chose attach picture. Find the picture and attach it. and it sends fine. But if i find the picture first then send as MMS it does not resize it.

I just wanted to know if other people were having the same problem? If so I want to report this as a bug to RIM.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:37 PM   #2
BlankBerry
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 2060454E

Rogers has a limit of 3mb with the bold
Old 01-28-2009, 06:39 PM   #3
ndub33
Stuck In The '70's Mod

Model: 9810
Carrier: T-Mobile

This has been discussed a couple of times lately. Carriers do set limits on the amount of data that can be sent in a single submission. It helps control network overload. This likely isn't an issue with your device.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:50 AM   #4
Caspan
No longer Registered.

PIN: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndub33 View Post
This has been discussed a couple of times lately. Carriers do set limits on the amount of data that can be sent in a single submission. It helps control network overload. This likely isn't an issue with your device.
I seen those discussions... what would be nice is a little SMS back that said it was rejected due to size and let you know what the size limit was.

I little information can help a lot in these situations. My guess is that its Telus that has the limit that is stopping the message.

Main Question is still why when I attach the picture in different ways is it sent differently. Both methods should yield the same result. I would be curious to know what happens to others when they send using the two different methods i mentioned above and your result of the image when you receive it on the other end.
Closed Thread