Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 04:35 PM   #1
natsuzanne86

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Switching from Storm to World 8830 question

Please Login to Remove!

I have been using Verizon Blackberry Storms (plural because they have all had something wrong with them) since May and I recently got fed up with their problems. I bought a Verizon Blackberry World Edition 8830 on ebay and I would like to use that instead. However, the World still has somebody else's phone number on it and nothing happens when I put in my sim card. How do I switch from the Storm to the World? I tried going to Verizon's website and entering the ESN#, but since I didn't buy my blackberry from a Verizon store, I don't have the receipt # that is required. Is there a way to remove the phone number that's currently on the device and replace it with my own so I can use the phone? Thanks!
Old 11-05-2009, 05:21 PM   #2
natsuzanne86

Model: 9530
Default changed the number, still won't work

I figured out to type ##000000 to access the service menu where I changed the phone number and the Home SID to (what i think is) my correct one. However, when I make a call I just get an automated Verizon message saying that it is going to connect me to an outside operator and that I can complete my call with a credit card. How do I fix this?!?!
Old 11-05-2009, 06:56 PM   #3
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

Call Verizon Customer support or take the phone to a Verizon store.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:44 PM   #4
Tom_B

Model: 8830

Edit: Sorry. I must have skipped over the part where you said you tried that already.

Last edited by Tom_B; 11-06-2009 at 12:46 PM..
Old 12-18-2009, 03:43 PM   #5
kpthook

Model: 8830

I'm sure this was resolved but just in case. If the phone you bought was a Alltel/Verizon 8830 and was not reported lost/stolen then call #611 and plunder through their dial 1-100 non-sense and get a real person. You give them the ESN and your mobile number and they will transfer service and have you call *228 option 1. You will need to call from a 3rd number (its easier) or be where they can call you back on a 3rd number as you need to turn the original and replacement phones on off etc.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:24 PM   #6
fxstsb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
Carrier: ATT

Seems As I tried my att card in a friends world phone. It did not work. As I recall the world phone's GSM is the international frequency and not the one used in the US.
Closed Thread