Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 01:27 PM   #1
Someguy8330

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telus
Default Whatsapp-Phone# change not reflected in app

Please Login to Remove!

My gf has Whatsapp installed on a Pearl2. Recently changed her phone number of the phone. So upon changing the contact info in my phone, to her new number. She no longer shows up in my favorite list. So I can't send her messages. BUT, she can still send me messages, except they still show her old phone number.

There must be a way to change the phone number that whatsapp is using for your phone?? Or will the app need to be deleted and redownloaded(re-paid for), to be set up with the new phone number??
Old 01-24-2011, 02:15 PM   #2
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW
Default Re: Whatsapp-Phone# change not reflected in app

On the iPhone version of WhatsApp, there's a 'Refresh Favorites' option for situations like this. Maybe there's a similar option on the BlackBerry version. Poke around the settings and maybe you'll have it.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:22 PM   #3
Someguy8330

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telus

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin3107 View Post
On the iPhone version of WhatsApp, there's a 'Refresh Favorites' option for situations like this. Maybe there's a similar option on the BlackBerry version. Poke around the settings and maybe you'll have it.
I do have an iphone myself now, but the problem isn't that she doesn't show up in my favorites. The problem is that whatsapp on her phone, is still associated with her old phone number. I need to get it associated with her new number.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:54 AM   #4
Jadey
BBF War Game Mod

Model: Z10
PIN: SEEKRIT innit
Carrier: AT&T

OK. I actually trialled a system whereby a SIM can hold multiple IDs, and locks onto the local service (so US number in the States, UK number in England etc.)

WhatsApp just ran with the number I originally configured it on (which was a totally different t-mobile UK SIM number). Never changed it's settings to match the SIM ID I was currently using.

Once it threw up some sort of "you have 30 days to register" message and then just carried on working on the old phone #

I went back to my original SIM, so it was no biggie. But from the WhatsApp FAQs:

WhatsApp ? Faq- change number

Last edited by Jadey; 01-26-2011 at 04:55 AM..
Closed Thread