BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 10:21 AM   #1
gduerson
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7290
Angry "abnormal program termination" when syncing with lotus notes... can anyone help?

Please Login to Remove!

For a week or so now, when i sync with lotus notes, i've been having the following problem when syncing my blackberry 7290? with Lotus NOtes. IT syncs everything then when it gets near the end of it all, it locks up that the following point in the process...

Intellisync Progress:
Reading from Lotus Notes 5.0/6.0/6.5 Address Record 5 of 11 Record

THEN, immediately, the following window appears...

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library:
Program: …ogram Files\Research in Motion\Blackberry\DesktopMgr.exe

Abnormal program termination

THEN, Intellisync then shuts down, and my blackberry still appears to be communicating with the computer. I have to remove the usb conector to get the phone working again and i'm fairly certain that the address book is not properly synced.

Can anyone out there help me here?
Old 05-09-2006, 12:08 PM   #2
wuberry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Cingular

Well, unfortunately, I can't help, but I have a very similar problem and it started about a week ago, too!

Synching with Lotus Notes works until it starts reading the Notes address book and then I get the same abnormal termination error.

I removed and reinstalled the latest version of Desktop Manager and upgraded from 4.0 to 4.1 using the new official Cingular releases, but no improvement. I'm using Lotus Notes 6.5.3, BES, and a BB7290 through Cingular.

Any ideas would be great.

Last edited by wuberry; 05-09-2006 at 12:37 PM..
Old 05-09-2006, 03:52 PM   #3
gduerson

Does anyone at least know of a customer service number or something that i can call to get some help here?

thanks.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:20 PM   #4
wuberry
Thumbs Must Hurt

I'm scheduled to have the Lotus Notes client removed and reinstalled on my laptop tomorrow.

We also have GREAT internal support and I've let them know what's going on. I'll let you know what happens.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:14 AM   #5
gduerson

Thanks! I'd really appriciate your help if you find out anything. It seems that we are the only two having this problem...
Old 05-12-2006, 08:17 AM   #6
wrightjr

Model: 8700

Sounds like the address book on the BB or in Lotus is corupted, You can go to Backup/Restore choose advance, backup the address book first, then clear it, try syncing again
Old 05-12-2006, 03:42 PM   #7
chedardog

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T
Default This seems to happen a lot here as well

More so now that we have developers writing a CRM app from scratch that drops entries into user's personal address books.

We always have the user do a device backup, and make a backup copy of their Names.nsf file, so you have the data backed up from both sources.

Then depending on which address book pass it says it it doing, we delete all the entries in lotus notes & try a resync.

Usually the entries will come back over from the device into the personal address book without any problems.

Usually its a field with "bad data" in it (number field with text, etc)

For once it'd be great if setting the Intellisnyc address conduit log level to Trace log Verbosity of 999 would actually tell you what contact record the sync was crashing on, but so far that has never worked for us.

(Notes 7.0.1 client, BB 4.1 OS & DM)
Old 05-16-2006, 03:43 PM   #8
gduerson

Thanks! I'm going to give this a shot as soon as possible...
Old 05-17-2006, 07:38 AM   #9
wuberry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuberry
I'm scheduled to have the Lotus Notes client removed and reinstalled on my laptop tomorrow.

We also have GREAT internal support and I've let them know what's going on. I'll let you know what happens.
Sorry my response took so long ... We didn't get all this resolved until yesterday, but that was my fault, not our support person's.

Our IT support person completely removed Desktop Manager 4.1 from my laptop and reinstalled it and everything went fine. I'm back in business.

He said he didn't think it had anything to do with the Lotus Notes address book.

I think the key is to remove DM 4.1 "completely." Don't use the option to save the user settings. Also, after he removed Desktop Manager, he checked and there was still a directory with a couple of files left on the disk within the original RIM software directory. He manually removed that before he reinstalled DM 4.1 Those are the tricks I didn't do when I tried this myself and they seem to have made the difference -- for me, anyway.

Hope this helps.
Closed Thread