Old 11-18-2007, 12:43 PM   #1
k23ms
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t mobile
Default curve pin question

Please Login to Remove!

just got the curve-used to have an older blacjberry. On the curve when I go to setup up email it says that this is my account is currently configured for this device would u like to switch to the device for this pin? what do I do???
Old 11-18-2007, 01:30 PM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Well, if you want your e-mail to go to your new BlackBerry, you should respond "yes" - you want to switch.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:01 PM   #3
absoluteevel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: 241C4261
Carrier: T-Mobile

The PIN is like a serial number. That is how the BlackBerry network communicates. You can also send messages to other users if you know their PIN, similar to a txt message, except it actually goes over the BlackBerry network, so you are not charged for a txt.

When the phone tried to connect, the network recognised your EMEI (from your SIM chip) but not the PIN.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:06 PM   #4
k23ms
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default vibrate when i have an email

OK Thanks! changing over the pin worked! Now-I have looked everywhere. Where do I go so I can make the device vibrate when I have messages??
Old 11-18-2007, 02:21 PM   #5
EvolutionCSR
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
PIN: 24AD7667
Carrier: AT&T

Hey I thought you said you used a different blackberry before this one? LOL

Just giving you a hard time, You go into Profiles>Scroll to Advanced> then edit the profile you want accordingly.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:29 PM   #6
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370

Quote:
Originally Posted by k23ms View Post
OK Thanks! changing over the pin worked! Now-I have looked everywhere. Where do I go so I can make the device vibrate when I have messages??
Ha! I fell victim to this when I switched to Blackberrys from Treos. I looked everywhere for some kind of control panel of setting for sounds/alerts. Then I discovered you need to modify the individual profiles. Blackberrys have their own way of doing things, but once you get used to it you'll think it's the logical and better way to go!
Old 11-18-2007, 02:33 PM   #7
k23ms
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default thanks evolution

That was easy-this really is a great device...
I have a lot to leartn about this. I want to buy a disk card so I can listen to music and store photos... What size would you suggest?

Also-the backlight seems to go off pretty fast. I looked at settings and it says 30 seconds but it goes off quiker then that. Am I doing something wrong??
Old 11-18-2007, 02:37 PM   #8
EvolutionCSR
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
PIN: 24AD7667
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by k23ms View Post
That was easy-this really is a great device...
I have a lot to leartn about this. I want to buy a disk card so I can listen to music and store photos... What size would you suggest?

Also-the backlight seems to go off pretty fast. I looked at settings and it says 30 seconds but it goes off quiker then that. Am I doing something wrong??
For memory cards it really depends on the amount of music you plan to put on it, and if you have a budget. You can get a 1gb MicroSD from Ebay for 10$ I personally never needed more than that.

Try changing the display settings back and forth and test it out to see if it works.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:39 PM   #9
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370

4 GB is the biggest memory card guaranteed to work. There is conflicting info about larger cards like the 6 GB working and lots of speculation on what will be supported in the future. But for now the 4 GB ones are pretty big and definitely work.

As for the backlight timeout, 30 seconds is the default. You can change it in Options > Screen/Keyboard > Backlight Timeout. You can change it from 10 seconds to 2 minutes, but your battery life will probably take a hit if you increase it much.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:43 PM   #10
k23ms
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default SD card

Im assuming the 1gb will hold a good amount of sogs and several photos? About how many???

Once I put the SD card in I simply can trasnfer songs from my computer to the BB device???

You people r like BB gurus!! U know it all!!
Old 11-18-2007, 02:57 PM   #11
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

It all depends on the size of the photos and songs! There is no rule as to how much a 1 GB will hold. It all depends on what you are copying over.

Once you have the card in, when you connect your BB to a PC, it will appear as another drive and you can copy files to it.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:00 PM   #12
k23ms
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default photo from BB to verizon cell??

I have been playing with the camera on my new Curve. I was able to send a photo from the BB to another BB on messenger. Can I send a photo from my BB to a verizon cell phone by just typing in their cell phone number? Any suggestions? Thanks
Closed Thread