greenday
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8120
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kings0r View Post
Yes I deleted the WiFi network and re-added it to my networks list.

Your OS shouldn't run slower at all. In fact, the new OS should have many bugs fixed. Have you tried a reset already?
how do you do a reset ?
Old 02-29-2008, 05:14 AM   #22
kings0r
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: O2 Germany

Turn off your phone and pull out the battery. Or you could use the freeware application SoftReset.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:18 AM   #23
greenday

OK, I'll try that, thanks
Old 02-29-2008, 05:45 AM   #24
greenday

Hmmm, seems to be back to normal speed now, thanks, but still will not fully connect to the WiFi, it says it is connected if you look at the conection, but it has a yellow circle not a green tick and the front screen wifi is greyed. If I look at diagnostics it says unable to find IP address. The router is set to allocate IP addresses and all my other WiFi devices are able to connect to it OK
Old 02-29-2008, 06:06 AM   #25
kings0r
Thumbs Must Hurt

I always have the yellow circle and a grey icon, but WiFi still works. However I do get an IP though.

Have you tried connecting to a WiFi network other than your home network? Maybe you could try a WiFi network of a friend that uses a different router. That way you could figure if the problem is your BB or the router.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:33 AM   #26
greenday

Quote:
I always have the yellow circle and a grey icon, but WiFi still works. However I do get an IP though.

Have you tried connecting to a WiFi network other than your home network? Maybe you could try a WiFi network of a friend that uses a different router. That way you could figure if the problem is your BB or the router.

That sounds like a great idea, I'll try that. By the way how do you know it is actually using the WiFi to browse rather than the carrier signal ?
Old 02-29-2008, 08:44 AM   #27
kings0r
Thumbs Must Hurt

I have my mobile data switched off. And the speed of the the downloads also shows that I'm using WiFi.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:51 AM   #28
greenday

Quote:
I have my mobile data switched off. And the speed of the the downloads also shows that I'm using WiFi.
Thanks, now this is wierd.. I have switched the mobile data Off. I have deleted and set up the WiFi connection again, it says it is connected and this time with an IP address. But when I try to browse I can only get one site to work, but at least it's progress. The only site that will work is (http://mobile.blackberry.com) if I try to enter any other url into the browser I get the message "the radio device is currently turned off or the battery is too low for the radio to be used. As a result the Browser cannot retrieve an web pages. (which it's not).

But if I browse to the site above I see the data arrows flash and the "requesting" and then "loading" at the bottom of the screen and then it displays the page.
Any ideas what's going on ?

Thanks
Old 03-01-2008, 05:35 PM   #29
greenday

Thanks, now this is wierd.. I have switched the mobile data Off. I have deleted and set up the WiFi connection again, it says it is connected and this time with an IP address. But when I try to browse I can only get one site to work, but at least it's progress. The only site that will work is (http://mobile.blackberry.com) if I try to enter any other url into the browser I get the message "the radio device is currently turned off or the battery is too low for the radio to be used. As a result the Browser cannot retrieve an web pages. (which it's not).

But if I browse to the site above I see the data arrows flash and the "requesting" and then "loading" at the bottom of the screen and then it displays the page.

Thanks
Old 03-02-2008, 04:40 PM   #30
greenday

Old 03-02-2008, 05:41 PM   #31
Cestrian

Carrier: O2 - UK

Have a look at the O2 UK WiFi thread in WiFi Hotzone. Connecting to Blackberry Infrastructure with BIS via WiFi on O2 seems to be fixed.

Refresh your Service Books, do a restart, and see what happens.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:09 PM   #32
longwayround

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cestrian View Post
Have a look at the O2 UK WiFi thread in WiFi Hotzone. Connecting to Blackberry Infrastructure with BIS via WiFi on O2 seems to be fixed.

Refresh your Service Books, do a restart, and see what happens.
Sadly, here, precisely nothing new happens.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:37 PM   #33
john_howells

Carrier: Orange UK

Hi, I have an 8120 on Orange and have this same issue. Try to type a site into the google search bar on the BlackBerry page and it will probably let you use the site, save this link and it works for me anyway! Can't get Email or anything though which is a pain but I have run out of things to try anyway!
Closed Thread