redhandeddenial
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vzw

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaijindragonslayer View Post
You are an idiot if I have to spell it out for you. Verizon wireless different from Verizon?... you are a fool... Do I have to put caveats in every post?

Thanks again idiot for not reading my posts; I now want to know how to send a "place message" to another Verizon phone as advertised on the VZnavigator site... as you are stupid: I don't mean a Verizon land line phone but you know a cell phone. NOW do you understand?

Ask your laughing wife for me. I've not got one Verizon BB tech support who knows how to do it. So a virtual sloppy kiss to you if you can at least offer some help.

i wasnt insinuating from a landline phone, simply stating that complaining to your Investor relations would not do any good. verizon owns PART of verizon wireless, but no where near a majority. Vodaphone holds 51% of Verizon Wireless.

Now to your present question.... to send a place message...as far as i can see you cant. this is a new version of the software on a different system. on my lg there is an option on the main menu called "messages" this simply does not exist on my pearl.

the next time you feel need to call names you can find the answers for yourself
Old 11-20-2007, 03:17 PM   #22
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T

Hey guys....I think we are more than a little off topic here.... So any other experiences with the service?

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 11-20-2007, 03:25 PM   #23
redhandeddenial
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: vzw

on my lg its great...i used it while walking in dc to find a show that i was going to. got right off the metro and it took me right there no issues...

i have not had a chance to play with it on the pearl yet...ill count that as homework ;) i have tomorrow off so ill use it all around town on the pearl.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:40 PM   #24
gaijindragonslayer
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhandeddenial View Post
i wasnt insinuating from a landline phone, simply stating that complaining to your Investor relations would not do any good. verizon owns PART of verizon wireless, but no where near a majority. Vodaphone holds 51% of Verizon Wireless.

Now to your present question.... to send a place message...as far as i can see you cant. this is a new version of the software on a different system. on my lg there is an option on the main menu called "messages" this simply does not exist on my pearl.

the next time you feel need to call names you can find the answers for yourself
I told you, if you'd only read I'd give you one sloppy kiss for answering a question.... sooo get ready...o.k.

Got told by Verizon tech that there is a nationwide outage of VZnav software and GPS!

Thanks for giving me some useful user experience so I don't have to keep looking for something not enable. Though I would add why are we BB 8130 owners expected to pay full price?
Old 11-20-2007, 09:47 PM   #25
imprttuner88

Model: 8330
Carrier: VZW

Well, as I didn't mean to insinuate that my wife was laughing directly at your problem, or at problems with VZN at all. She was mearly laughing at the fact that she has not fielded a single call with a customer unhappy or having problems with the fact of it not getting you to your destination. But alas, my big mouth was mearly pointing out the fact in an underlying message that I have not had such problems with VZN. But, I have had only Lousville and charlotte to base any opinion on large downtown buildings. I haven't gone to NYC in about ten years so I can't offer any opinion. Oh well, sorry for the cause of the off topic I suppose.

Again, my experience with my LG EnV and my 8130 have netted me no issues at all.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:52 PM   #26
jefwic
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Bell

I'm assuming that Verizon uses the CDMA Qualcomm chips. My recent research shows that the Qualcomm chips use a blend of AGPS (where available) and standalone GPS. Reference 1 Reference 2
Old 11-21-2007, 01:04 AM   #27
gaijindragonslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by imprttuner88 View Post
Well, as I didn't mean to insinuate that my wife was laughing directly at your problem, or at problems with VZN at all. She was mearly laughing at the fact that she has not fielded a single call with a customer unhappy or having problems with the fact of it not getting you to your destination. But alas, my big mouth was mearly pointing out the fact in an underlying message that I have not had such problems with VZN. But, I have had only Lousville and charlotte to base any opinion on large downtown buildings. I haven't gone to NYC in about ten years so I can't offer any opinion. Oh well, sorry for the cause of the off topic I suppose.

Again, my experience with my LG EnV and my 8130 have netted me no issues at all.
Well sorry to have taken your post the wrong way. Words are hard to convey subtle emotions. So it's in the past glad you had no problems. My 8130 died on me and had to be replaced which could explain the problems. However the new 8130 has a sticky track ball... I think I'm curse. I am swapping, using my one time offer during the 30 days to get an LG Voyager when it goes on sale tomorrow, not as smart as the 8130 but nice screen with full html and a keyboard. It's either that or go to Sprint and I really don't want to. VZ is too controlling but they do provide the best call, message service out there.

I double checked the VZnav site and it does mention that using a window or better open sky is the best. Follow Me worked very well in NYC, just lack of copy and paste to send on info is sad.

So from tomorrow unless something happens I'll not be a BB owner.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:04 AM   #28
cywelchjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaijindragonslayer View Post
Well I'm more than happy to be totally wrong! Really. But I had use fo a little while of a Helio Ocean and its free GPS with Google maps had me correctly placed within 50ft. Not one error. That's what turned me on to GPS as it was damn useful. And it was correct inside concrete and steel buildings.
This is not.
I live in NYC downtown in the West Village and my VZnavigator is off way off a lot of the time. Since I got the 9.99 package and since it's been off, I have tested it on walks. Out of 40 attempts to locate myself it is only right within 300 ft; 10 times and one result that had me exactly at the location. All these tests were done outside, clear view of sky.

Any roof blocks the location and I am put at 1.5km away.

Using a window sometimes helps.

Maybe NYC is not covered that well by the service Verizon uses.

Still for basic phone/email/text they are the best.

Any ideas of what is wrong with my GPS?
The helio would need to have been using something other than GPS as GPS doesn't work indoors. Also most GPS works very poorly in built up areas with high rise buildings because the reciever can't see the sats which provide a VERY weak signal which is also very prone to reflected signal throwing things off. Now, even under poor conditions GPS will get better as you move around because it will average, but anything that works in heavily shielded buildings (steel frames are shielding) is using something other than GPS.

PS, I have been geocaching for over 3 years in many areas and it can be a real pain when the reciever can't see the sky (even just heavy tree cover will keep a GPS reciever from working).
Old 11-22-2007, 12:59 AM   #29
gaijindragonslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cywelchjr View Post
The helio would need to have been using something other than GPS as GPS doesn't work indoors. Also most GPS works very poorly in built up areas with high rise buildings because the reciever can't see the sats which provide a VERY weak signal which is also very prone to reflected signal throwing things off. Now, even under poor conditions GPS will get better as you move around because it will average, but anything that works in heavily shielded buildings (steel frames are shielding) is using something other than GPS.

PS, I have been geocaching for over 3 years in many areas and it can be a real pain when the reciever can't see the sky (even just heavy tree cover will keep a GPS reciever from working).
Thanks for the info. I think the Helio used the Sprint towers to triangulate, simply luck of the draw it did it well.

Follow me function works better than Find me/where am I.

Anyway handed in my Pearl for the LG Voyager so this is really my last post. VZnav works better and email comes in with an alert. Not as slick sync wise as the BB. Verizon alone cannot make decent software.

So good luck all.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:52 PM   #30
The Jerk

PIN: 3181b1fe
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

It is SO worth it......the vzw navigator is completely idiot proof with turn by turn directions .......it even has a pedestrian mode so if your out of town and you need to find your way you wont get lost.LOL thats how I got around downtown San Diego for my grandmothers funeral.And the 9.99 a month fee shouldn't be a problem.........if you have verizon and you own a Blackberry,you should be able to afford it no problem...........lolerskates.
Closed Thread