BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 08:38 PM   #21
AL72

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Optus
Please Login to Remove!

I had been used to the built in summary reports of the BES Manager with 4.1.6 and couldn't find them initially in the BES 5.0 BAS.

After some digging and searching they are there...(in case anyone else also used these in the past and wanted the same).

In the BAS, perform a search - filter with nothing fo all users or choose an appropriate filter for your search.
Choose 'Manage multiple users' from the bottom of the search results
Once the page refreshes to the list of users with check boxes, at the bottom is more options.
Under "Organizer data synchronization" is where the 2 old reporting functions are: 'Export asset summary data for selected users' and 'Export statistics for selected users'
Choose the users you want (or the option 'Select all results on all pages') and click one of the 2 reports.

I have been used to these 2 reports from BES for a long time now and was glad to see they do still exist.
I will however be also checking out the monitoring service and resource kits for whatever other tools for management or information I can find useful....
Old 02-03-2010, 09:12 PM   #22
Frank Castle
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9930
PIN: PM Me!
Carrier: VZW
Default BES 5.0 reporting

A topic dear to me as I do a TON of reporting on the BES environment. I dread the full migration to BES 5.0 this spring as I will lose BerryStats which is by far the quickest, easiest way to do reporting.

The BBMS is not that bad and has some decent canned reports but you can't build your own report choosing which data you want in the report. Over the years I've gotten good using the BRK but agree it is a pain copying the logs around but there is a wealth of data in these logs.

I'm holding out hope RIM puts out detail on the SQL table so BerryStats can be updated to work with BES 5.0 but if not I'll have to adjust.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:56 PM   #23
JohnnyKilo

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

I think i found the solution to this problem. We're running 5.0 and I connect through the webconsole (we dont have the BAS monitoring service up yet). when you first log in click on Search under the Quick User search option but leave the field blank. this will take you into the advanced search field. Leave all of the fields blank and click search at the bottom. this will bring up a list of all the users (100) at a time. click on Manager Multiple users and then check the first box at the next screen to select all. Then under Organize data Synch click on Export Summary data for selected users.

Voila! It ran slow for me but its a small price to pay for the data.
Closed Thread