BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 01-23-2007, 03:12 PM   #21
azerty

Model: 8100

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrumleve
I have been unable to get the BB Connect service to change to anything but "stopped". I have Cingular BES Unlimited activated on my account and have tried the following to get the service to start:

Reset 8525
Switch to GSM only
Disconnect all data connections
Made sure ActiveSync isn't running
Tried different combos of BBConnect Desktop & PPC Client

Here's what I'm running now: BBConnect Desktop 2.1.1.9
BBConnect Client 2.1.2.16
Standard Cingular 8525 (not unlocked / hacked / etc)

It will not assign a PIN, the IP address says No connection. When I hit restart service, it goes from "Not Connected" to "Stopped" immediately. Any ideas on what I'm missing? The BB Connect Desktop will not connect to the handheld because the service is stopped (not running)... I'm going crazy here!!! Thanks for your help...
Uninstall and reinstall BBC. Hard reset your device if you can.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:23 PM   #22
azerty

Thumbs up Different APN is used...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcapiro
Thuggin... I was also wondering how the connections work with Cingular. I currently have T-Mobile and the BBC client has its own special connection that remains connected most of the time. Whenever I want to browse the web or use any other kind of internet program on my ppc it disconnects the Blackberry connection and connects to the normal GPRS connection. Does it work the same with Cingular? I just find that this is a bit of an inconvenience.
The Blackberry connect SW uses a different APN than anything else on your device. So unless your device and network allows multiple APN connections it needs to disconnect the blackberry APN while you browse (or whatever) with your other APN.
When no other APN's are in use the blackberry connect client connects to blackberry.net APN, and stays connect, thats the main thing with the blackberry software - it uses its own stack on the device.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:29 PM   #23
azerty

Disconnected with low battery? really? how low, and could you browse/call with the battery at that level?
Old 01-23-2007, 04:00 PM   #24
tbrumleve
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8525
Carrier: Cingular / Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by azerty
Uninstall and reinstall BBC. Hard reset your device if you can.
Uninstalled - verified all BB software had been removed from the 8525 and checked the registry to make sure no references to BB connect were left. Hard reset the 8525. Reinstalled and hard reset again, but the service went from "Not Connected" to "Stopped" again. Still no go
Old 01-23-2007, 04:54 PM   #25
azerty

Default strange

Quote:
Uninstalled - verified all BB software had been removed from the 8525 and checked the registry to make sure no references to BB connect were left. Hard reset the 8525. Reinstalled and hard reset again, but the service went from "Not Connected" to "Stopped" again. Still no go

Oh.
And you can browse the web?
Does it sync ok?
Does it have 3 service books?

Where you get the software from?
Old 01-23-2007, 04:55 PM   #26
MobileAGBell

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Move your SIM back to your BB 8700 and make sure your BES service still works. Once you're confident it still works, move it back to your 8525. Turn on the phone. Connect it to your PC and see if it will generate a PIN. Resend the service books, making sure you receive the receipt message. Let us know what happens at this point.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:27 PM   #27
tbrumleve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileAGBell
Move your SIM back to your BB 8700 and make sure your BES service still works. Once you're confident it still works, move it back to your 8525. Turn on the phone. Connect it to your PC and see if it will generate a PIN. Resend the service books, making sure you receive the receipt message. Let us know what happens at this point.
The BES service is working perfectly in the 8700 - no issues with the Cingular service. It does not generate a PIN on the handheld (shows Pending), and the BBC desktop shows the PIN as "Unknown Type", since the handheld hasn't told it what PIN to use.

How do I send the service books if the desktop client will not connect to the handheld? Clicking "connect" on the desktop client gives an error about the BB service not running on the handheld (it shows "stopped" still, even if I restart it)...

FYI - I downloaded both pieces of software from:
wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=Hermes_Utils]XDADeveloperWiki - Hermes_Utils
Old 01-23-2007, 05:28 PM   #28
tbrumleve

Quote:
Originally Posted by azerty
Oh.
And you can browse the web?
Does it sync ok?
Does it have 3 service books?

Where you get the software from?
Web is working flawlessly - sync working normally - However, the BB client does not have any entries for service books (haven't gotten the PPC & BB Connect Desktop to talk to each other yet)
Old 01-23-2007, 05:53 PM   #29
MobileAGBell

Resend your service books by logging in at cingular.com/blackberrystart

Scroll to the bottom of the page for the log in link.

Click on the service books on the left side of the screen.

See if you receive the receipt message on your 8525 within a few minutes of sending the service books.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:35 PM   #30
tbrumleve

Quote:
Resend your service books by logging in at cingular.com/blackberrystart

Scroll to the bottom of the page for the log in link.

Click on the service books on the left side of the screen.

See if you receive the receipt message on your 8525 within a few minutes of sending the service books.
Problem is: I cannot create an account because my device PIN is "Pending"... The Blackberry Connect client hasn't been able to connect to assign one... thanks for your help, but I'm starting to feel dizzy going around in circles
Old 01-23-2007, 08:07 PM   #31
tbrumleve

Default 8525 BB Connect - Service Stopped

I played around trying different versions of the BB Connect for Pocket PC 2.1 this afternoon - all have the same problem with the service showing "stopped" and the PIN showing "Pending" - the BBC Desktop will not connect to the handheld:

v2.1.2.16 (currently installed) - from Vodafone
v2.1.2.31 - from Vodafone
v2.0.1.26 - from xda-developers.com

Anyone with a non-hacked Cingular 8525 get this to work? If so, what version of the BBC 4 PPC are u using and where did you find it? Thanks to everyone for their advice & help on this......
Old 01-23-2007, 10:30 PM   #32
pinhead
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: 30EC5097
Carrier: T-Mobile

Make absolutely sure that you have the proper GPRS connection APN set in the connection settings. If your device isn't connected to the right network then it is going to remain pending. I don't know the exact settings since I am using T-Mobile but I know that I had to make sure that the right APN was set before anything happened for me.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:16 AM   #33
MobileAGBell

The BB Connect apps from the xda-developers site work fine on my 8525. I followed the instructions and everything worked fine.

Did you read through the included instructions, specifically for BES use? Herexxx8217;s one last attempt to help you get this working. You may want to read through this a couple of times before you start.

Disconnect your phone from your PC. Remove all Vodaphone apps and perform a hard reset. Get the 8525 back to the as-received state. Remove all Vodaphone apps from your PC.

Install the BlackBerry Connect Desktop for Windows Mobile on your PC.

Install the BB Connect app from the xda-developer site on your 8525 via active sync. I installed mine to main memory. Disconnect the 8525. Turn on the phone. Make sure you have at least 2 bars of signal.

On the 8525 tap Start>Settings>System>BlackBerry. The BlackBerry Connect settings app should be displayed. Tap the PIM tab and select the Calendar check box. Once completed, reconnect the 8525 to your PC.

Your PC needs to be connected to your Exchange Server. Mine was set up while connected to my work Microsoft Exchange Server via VPN.

Once the 8525 is reconnected to your PC and your PC is connected to your Exchange Server, launch BlackBerry Connect Desktop for Windows Mobile on your PC.

Click the Advanced tab.

Verify that the Email field displays your e-mail address.

Click the General tab.

Click Connect. Your 8525 should now be connected.

Follow the on-screen instructions to generate the encryption key.

A PIN should now appear on the 8525 (make sure the Identity tab is displayed).

Once the PIN is displayed you can go to www.cingular.com/blackberrystart from your PC, log in and select the change handheld option. Input the new IMEI and the PIN from the 8525. Also send the service books. You should receive a message notification each time the Service Books are received on the 8525. If everything is working you will also receive a message on the 8525 that it registered on the network.

Read the BlackBerry Connect for Pocket PC User Guide for guidance and tips.

Good luck.

Last edited by MobileAGBell; 01-24-2007 at 12:19 AM..
Old 01-24-2007, 12:47 PM   #34
tbrumleve

Quote:
Click Connect. Your 8525 should now be connected.
Thanks for the detailed advice!

I followed the instructions to a "T". When I click "Connect" on the BB Connect Desktop, I get an error stating "Communication with the device was not successful"... all other Sync functions are working normally through ActiveSync 4.2. The service on the "Status" tab on the 8525 says Stopped still... Clicking restart just makes it go back to "Stopped".

I think the main hurdle in getting this setup, is the service on the 8525 won't start at all... I've played with the connection settings on the handheld (tried using wap.cingular and isp.cingular - both working for IE / Pop mail / etc)... BB service is definitely enabled on the SIM since my 8700 works perfectly with this SIM... but for whatever reason, the BBC service just won't connect to Cingular...

Last edited by tbrumleve; 01-24-2007 at 03:19 PM..
Old 01-31-2007, 12:42 PM   #35
tbrumleve

Angry Still no joy :(

I unlocked my 8525 and tried my T-Mobile sim from another working blackberry 8700 - the BBC service still shows stopped, even after I reinstalled it. Seems that this issue is not tied to the particular service I'm using, but rather an issue with my phone? Is anyone using the Cingular 8525 rom that has gotten the service to work correctly? Or are you using a hacked / cracked rom version?
Old 01-31-2007, 05:52 PM   #36
blake.blake
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: pearl
Carrier: tmobile

Quote:
I unlocked my 8525 and tried my T-Mobile sim from another working blackberry 8700 - the BBC service still shows stopped, even after I reinstalled it. Seems that this issue is not tied to the particular service I'm using, but rather an issue with my phone? Is anyone using the Cingular 8525 rom that has gotten the service to work correctly? Or are you using a hacked / cracked rom version?

ill be trying this tomorrow, i though my phone would be here today :(
Old 02-08-2007, 03:36 PM   #37
thuggin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8000
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:

You may be missing something. Do you have a Band swiitch on your phone that will lock in the GPRS band? BB Connect only works with GPRS/ GSM. also if you have any other programs that use the radio or phone connection it will not work.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:00 AM   #38
PalluX

Model: 7520

Quote:

I am having the same problem and i have taken all of the steps you have mentioned, plus I have unlocked and tried 3 non cingular ROMs.

to add some more info, I have a palm treo 650 with blackberry connect. it works fine with the same SIM. When i put the sim in the 650, it creates a blackberry.net APN. the 8525 doesn't do this. I have created this manually on the 8525. it still doesn't work.

i have the following Data features:
EXPANDEDINTLROAM $0.00
IMS APN Feature $0.00
UMTS Compatible $0.00
Upgrade Processor $0.00
BlackberryConnectUNL $44.99
Old 02-09-2007, 10:46 AM   #39
tbrumleve

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuggin
You may be missing something. Do you have a Band swiitch on your phone that will lock in the GPRS band? BB Connect only works with GPRS/ GSM. also if you have any other programs that use the radio or phone connection it will not work.
Yes, I've switched the band manually to GPRS and stopped the data connection before trying BBConnect... I even uninstalled the Cingular XpressMail application, thinking it might be interfering. I have read numerous posts that say people have been successful using BBC over UTMS on Cingular...
Old 02-12-2007, 04:53 PM   #40
elebra

Cool Will it work

Quote:
Yes, I've switched the band manually to GPRS and stopped the data connection before trying BBConnect... I even uninstalled the Cingular XpressMail application, thinking it might be interfering. I have read numerous posts that say people have been successful using BBC over UTMS on Cingular...
I am using the HTC 8525. I have NOT been able to get the BB connect to work. I have not been able to get a PIN from the BES we use at work. I receive unknown type in the PIN from the BB connect client. I have also changed the band to GPRS only. I have tried everything in this thread. Am I missing something? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks