Wirelessly posted

Mine is garbage.3 days old buggy as hell and it has two dead pixels that bug me
Old 02-12-2009, 07:36 AM   #42
pirlok
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange

I got my Storm two weeks ago. It was bought from Germany or Austria I don't really know. It was unlocked and it works fine. I could get the dust problem, but so far I'm satisfied with it. I am wiping my screen with BlackBerry's special screen wipe, but I would love an anti-glare screen protector. The only problem is the battery life - 2 days the most, but I'm talking about 1 hour/day and texting about 15-20 SMS/day.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:17 AM   #43
2 Samuel 22
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 96xx
PIN: Firing
Carrier: Southern Bell, PrimeCo, Omnipoint, United Telecom

Aside from the QWERTY to touchscreen learning curve, I've not had any showstopper issues to warrant an exchange. I have a fair number of 3rd party apps. One of my gripes was the camera and orientation being too slow. Occasionally I'd have a reboot while in the car. I've upgraded the OS a few times since November and am now running the .103 beta. It is much improved and so far no unexplained reboots.

Last edited by 2 Samuel 22; 02-12-2009 at 11:21 AM..
Old 02-12-2009, 12:04 PM   #44
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Got my Storm yesterday. I've been using a BB for years, starting with a 7100i, moving to 7300, then a 8700, a brief stint with a Pearl and then a Curve. The Storm learning curve is huge. If this were my first BlackBerry, and if I didn't know what quality devices they are, I would take the Storm back and never use another BB. I'm really hoping I get used to it.

I don't know if the sluggish nature I'm experiencing is normal for the Storm or if it's a problem, but it's kind of annoying. And typing texts and emails on it? I want to put a bullet in my head.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:58 PM   #45
pirlok
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
Carrier: Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdpmumin View Post
I don't know if the sluggish nature I'm experiencing is normal for the Storm or if it's a problem, but it's kind of annoying. And typing texts and emails on it? I want to put a bullet in my head.
Lucky me! My fingers are not very thick so it's easier for me.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:40 PM   #46
searly
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: Mine...
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsntrenkler View Post
Remove your battery and look at the sticker, it say's where it is made, and no my Canadian storm isn't lighter. Comparing the two side by side, I did notice that some of the materials used in the manufacturing seemed a tad different in shade "color of antenna wire", however they are built identical. I will tell you though that this Canadian unit has the exact same screen as my last mexican unit.
I finally broke down and went in for the exchange. Like a fool, I went to my local VZW store... big mistake! Idiots... They tried to tell me that the dust under the screen was a cosmetic issue and that it was my fault that I did not keep it in a case. They then told me that Verizon does not do exchanges for this type of issue! The proverbial sh*t then hit the fan! Long story short, I called Tech Support while standing in the store listening to the manager babble nonsense. 10 minutes later I had a replacement unit being overnighted to my house. You can imagine the looks on the faces of the rep and manager as I walked out of the store with my "go fly a kite" finger waiving in the air and the tech support rep on the phone laughing her ass off!

Anyway, back on topic. My initial unit was pretty much flawless except for the dust under the screen. I am very much hoping that my new unit works as well as my old one. And, yes, I will wipe the device and reinstall .75 before I send it back... good advice there, thanks!
Old 02-12-2009, 01:41 PM   #47
PhalanxPunk
Knows Where the Search Button Is

I've had mine since the end of December and I've not experienced any real issues. I've only had to do 3 battery pulls and it did reboot once on it's own. Other then that, it has been perfect. Just this morning decided to upgrade to .99 and it runs so much faster now! I hope it stays that way...
Old 02-12-2009, 02:03 PM   #48
misterbulldog
Thumbs Must Hurt

Still on my first Storm. Occasional reboots which might be due to the "unofficial" version I have on it. Whenever a newer version is available, I WILL install it on my Storm. I want to see what changes have been made and how my Storm will react.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:16 PM   #49
zero7404
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: n/a
Carrier: tmob

wow, this is making me worry here...i just got one yesterday. so far no issues.

y does everybody compare everything to the iphone ? it's making me sick
apple is to the electronics industry what a cubic zirconia is to the diamond district.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:45 PM   #50
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7404 View Post
apple is to the electronics industry what a cubic zirconia is to the diamond district.
Well, I don't use Apple products anymore because they're expensive, but you're wrong about their being the cubic zirconia of the tech industry. They are far superior to everyone else in every product they put out (with the exception of the iPhone compared to BlackBerry devices, of course ).

Last edited by gdpmumin; 02-12-2009 at 02:50 PM..
Closed Thread