Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Running version 1.50...

Error on home screen load:

Uncaught exception:
Process BlackBerry Alerts
(113) killed due to message
queue overflow

Issue: BlackBerry Alerts hangs at program load screen. Hangs entire device requiring restart forcing me to completely remove app from device.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:46 AM   #682
Klotar
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700R
PIN: On Request
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Your profile says you are running an 8703e, and 1.5 is for Pearls only to my understanding. I believe all other models should be running 1.49.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:16 AM   #683
sabrewulf
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klotar View Post
Your profile says you are running an 8703e, and 1.5 is for Pearls only to my understanding. I believe all other models should be running 1.49.
I was running v1.49 previously and the app would hang at load screen, but not the entire device. I was given the link to v1.50 per the developer as a "beta test," but still not working. So maybe it just doesn't work well on a 8703e? How many other 8703e users out there have gotten this to work without any problems? It worked for me during the trial period, but after that it went to hell.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:01 PM   #684
BByMel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers

OK Thanks for checking that out. There are a few people with 8703e problems, not sure why just this model.
1.49 throws a null pointer error on startup but is ok after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrewulf View Post
Running version 1.50...

Error on home screen load:

Uncaught exception:
Process BlackBerry Alerts
(113) killed due to message
queue overflow

Issue: BlackBerry Alerts hangs at program load screen. Hangs entire device requiring restart forcing me to completely remove app from device.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:34 PM   #685
bbvince

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa View Post
Question:

I have a BB 8830. When I have a missed call, I get the missed call notification box on the screen, and it puts a missed call message in my "Messages" box. I don't get any LED flashes, even though I have the LED turned on for all messages.

Does the missed call message not count as a message?
Here's another inquiring mind with the exact same question. Anyone have any ideas? I can't find a place in Profiles/Edit Profiles to change the alert for missed calls. My LED indicator flashes while the phone is ringing, but as soon the call rolls to voicemail, the LED goes dark.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:28 AM   #686
Skeets

Model: 8300

I've been trying to d/l this app for a few days OTA using my 8300 on Rogers. I either get a 404 Page Not Found error, or a server timeout.

When is the best time to attempt a d/l of 1.49 OTA?
Old 07-25-2007, 09:45 AM   #687
Klotar
CrackBerry Addict

I'm probably missing the point of your question on Missed Calls, but in BB Alerts, click Menu, then Options and check:

Notify on Missed Call should be checked on.
Program Controls LED should be checked on.

That, plus the colours assigned in Assign Colors is basically it as far as I know. Not sure what Alert Logging is offhand, but make sure Alert Always is checked on under Set Schedule.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:17 AM   #688
iterd

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default BB Alerts hangs on startup/application access

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrewulf View Post
I was running v1.49 previously and the app would hang at load screen, but not the entire device. I was given the link to v1.50 per the developer as a "beta test," but still not working. So maybe it just doesn't work well on a 8703e? How many other 8703e users out there have gotten this to work without any problems? It worked for me during the trial period, but after that it went to hell.
I'm running into the same issue on my 8703e running 4.1...bb alerts 1.49. Same scenario as sabrewulf. works okay, but on reboot and security verification it fails. I was able to get it working by completely removing with the desktop software, but as soon as i reboot i'm back in the same boat.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:46 AM   #689
koleary19067
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: STORM
PIN: MOBILE
Carrier: VERIZON

All

I just switched devices from 8703 to 8830 (Sprint) and the software developer told me to contact Handango. I sent an email to handango on Sunday and I see have not seen any word on this.

Anyone have any suggestions ?
Old 07-26-2007, 08:28 AM   #690
Skeets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeets View Post
I've been trying to d/l this app for a few days OTA using my 8300 on Rogers. I either get a 404 Page Not Found error, or a server timeout.

When is the best time to attempt a d/l of 1.49 OTA?
Anyone?
Old 07-26-2007, 11:38 AM   #691
Klotar
CrackBerry Addict

I download the majority of the apps I can onto my PC and use DM rather than OTA (not being on unlimited data plan does that to me), so I couldn't tell you if or where BB Alerts can be gotten OTA.

You probably have as good a reason for preferring OTA over PC installs; but sometimes (especially for betas), I have to bite it and do OTA. If your reason isn't physical (no PC, DM not installed, etc.), the regular download can be found at Handango.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:40 PM   #692
koleary19067
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: STORM
PIN: MOBILE
Carrier: VERIZON

I would like to thank the software owner of correcting this for me yesterday. Handango did not get back to me until after 10pm yesterday.

Very disappointed at handango, and I have bought many softwares from them.

Once again thanks to the software owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koleary19067 View Post
All

I just switched devices from 8703 to 8830 (Sprint) and the software developer told me to contact Handango. I sent an email to handango on Sunday and I see have not seen any word on this.

Anyone have any suggestions ?
Old 07-26-2007, 02:41 PM   #693
Skeets

Quote:
I download the majority of the apps I can onto my PC and use DM rather than OTA (not being on unlimited data plan does that to me), so I couldn't tell you if or where BB Alerts can be gotten OTA.

You probably have as good a reason for preferring OTA over PC installs; but sometimes (especially for betas), I have to bite it and do OTA. If your reason isn't physical (no PC, DM not installed, etc.), the regular download can be found at Handango.
Unfortuneatly I'm a Mac user, and as far as I know I'm unable to load applications using PocketMac. This is also my first BlackBerry and I haven't found any work-arounds for this issue yet.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:43 PM   #694
Klotar
CrackBerry Addict

Ah, okay Skeets -- makes sense now.

But hey, what do you know? I found one...!

Disclaimer: I have no idea how old/new this version is, just that it's available OTA.

http://ic0n0clast.com/blackberry/BlackBerryAlerts.jad

So if there are problems, check the version first -- a problem may have been fixed already but isn't available OTA in the most current version.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:21 AM   #695
Skeets

Quote:
Ah, okay Skeets -- makes sense now.

But hey, what do you know? I found one...!

Disclaimer: I have no idea how old/new this version is, just that it's available OTA.

http://ic0n0clast.com/blackberry/BlackBerryAlerts.jad

So if there are problems, check the version first -- a problem may have been fixed already but isn't available OTA in the most current version.
Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, it's only version 1.2.

If someone could upload the trial version of 1.49 to a server I would greatly appreciate it!
Old 07-28-2007, 05:43 AM   #696
kynan

Model: 8700c

Skeets, this may or may not be helpful.

You can download the non-OTA version of BlackBerry Alerts 1.49(? - when in installed it it just says 1.4 in Help/About) from Softpedia here: http://handheld.softpedia.com/progDownload/BlackBerry-Alerts-Download-22776.html

Once you've got that you can convert it into OTA format by doing this:
1) unzip blackberryalerts.zip. You will have two files: BlackBerryAlerts.cod and BlackBerryAlerts.alx
2) Delete BlackBerryAlerts.alx
3) Create a file called BlackBerryAlerts.jad in notepad or vi and insert the following text:
MIDlet-Name: BlackBerryAlerts
MIDlet-Version: 1.49
MIDlet-Vendor: BByMel
RIM-COD-URL-1: BlackBerryAlerts.cod
RIM-COD-Size-1: 62464
4) Upload these two files to a webserver somewhere
5) Use your BlackBerry browser to navigate to the .jad file
Old 07-28-2007, 08:47 AM   #697
Skeets

Quote:
Originally Posted by kynan View Post
Skeets, this may or may not be helpful.

You can download the non-OTA version of BlackBerry Alerts 1.49(? - when in installed it it just says 1.4 in Help/About) from Softpedia here: BlackBerry Alerts download for Blackberry - Softpedia

Once you've got that you can convert it into OTA format by doing this:
1) unzip blackberryalerts.zip. You will have two files: BlackBerryAlerts.cod and BlackBerryAlerts.alx
2) Delete BlackBerryAlerts.alx
3) Create a file called BlackBerryAlerts.jad in notepad or vi and insert the following text:
MIDlet-Name: BlackBerryAlerts
MIDlet-Version: 1.49
MIDlet-Vendor: BByMel
RIM-COD-URL-1: BlackBerryAlerts.cod
RIM-COD-Size-1: 62464
4) Upload these two files to a webserver somewhere
5) Use your BlackBerry browser to navigate to the .jad file
Thanks. I'll try this when I get home!
Old 07-30-2007, 01:45 PM   #698
kynan

Model: 8700c
Default Official site currently online!

Just a heads up, the official site is currently (0645GMT) online at: http://bbymel.servebbs.com/Handango/...yAlerts149.cod
Old 08-02-2007, 05:40 PM   #699
kellysheroes
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl
Carrier: Cingular

New user to the program.. i like it.. I have one request..
when I recieve my email notification on my BB Pearl.. if I check the email on my PC; the email goes away on the Pearl; but the BB Alerts still goes off... can you fix it to wehere someone checks the email on their PC.. the Pearl will stop alerting me?

Thanks
Old 08-05-2007, 04:39 AM   #700
jimbo1mcm

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon
Default Finally got it working !!!!

Verizon BB 8830. Downloaded and installed Desktop Manager. Finally got the program purchased, downloaded, extracted and installed on BB.( You have got to get an OTA purchase, like the Handango games, it is SO much easier).
Went through the settings but couldn't get it to work, UNTIL I saw a post by a forum member( thanks ) about it not working until you added the registration number.( That info should be upfront, I probably missed it, but maybe not). Now my wife's BB is giving a nice audio alert, with the green led that I setup for her missed emails, and it also is setup to warn her of the missed calls and voicemails. By the way, I did setup a different color for the voice mail miss( Verizon ) but it gives the same color as the missed phone call. Any way to set it up to differentiate between the missed phone call and the missed voice mail? A great program. No one else has it. Will try and get other people in her office( real estate ) to buy it. Do we have a program of regular upgrades?
Closed Thread