Old 04-03-2005, 02:49 PM   #61
CINCNORAD
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Sprint

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlee309
I'm on my 3rd day with WM and that is also the same problem I face. Despite clicking on 'connect' when one or two of my IM services show 'disconnect' status, the only way to get connection back is to exit and relog back into WM providing it does not crash your BB.

But what is funny is that if WM is a single socket connection, then why is it that sometimes 1 or 2 of the IM services log me off? What's annoying about this is that it wouldn't log back on.

Some additional info: If you have trouble logging into WM consistently, it may be time to do a hard reboot (removal of battery). I have a hunch that (for Nextel at least) when using WM for too long of a period, something happens and you lose the MDG connection which renders WM useless. I test this by going into Reqwireless' WebBrowser and if I can;t view websites, then it's time to reboot. This does nto seem to affect the NOL browser however I wonder if this affects the DC or cell calls.
I went ahead and emailed Webmessenger support with my issues, as well as your post. Hopefully they'll give us an answer.

And the search continues for an IM program that actually works how it's supposed to...
Old 04-04-2005, 08:47 AM   #62
conrelma

Default Verichat - bypass BES?

Hi,

I recently got a blackberry 7290. At first I had a personal account using the BWC while I waited for my work to sort out some cost issues. Verichat worked like a charm during this period using the TCP APN settings.

I subsequently changed my package to BES. I haven't been able to confirm this, but it seems like my work not only runs an older version of the BES server, but also doesn't allow browsing etc through the BES server.

Here is my problem, I can successfully connect using IM+ with the WAP settings, but I cannot get Verichat to connect using the TCP settings rather than the BES settings. This happens even if I select "T-Mobile, non-BES" in the connection settings. I actually tried the other connection option as well and that also didn't work.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can connect with Verichat, but not using the BES server?

Thanks
Old 04-10-2005, 08:31 PM   #63
patrick
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9930
Carrier: VERIZON
Default Verizon 7250 & webmessenger for ver 4.0

Call me dense...... but I got everything loaded fine I believe but I cannot set up the IM networks....for AOL & Yahoo i get error user name/password unsuccessfully updated.... for msn - I get a WAIT....

Have I missed a step?
Old 04-18-2005, 09:55 PM   #64
blabber
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7290
Carrier: AT&T
Thumbs down Ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sempai
VeriChat has the "feature" of disconnecting from AIM all the time.

It will stay connected to MSN Messenger most of the time, but AIM falls off with little to no provocation.
Yeah, what's up with that? And I can't re-connect to AIM when this happens without removing the battery. Ugh.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:20 AM   #65
boucherj

Model: 8700c
Default New Free AIM Client for the BlackBerry

There is a new IM client for the BlackBerry called Ramble IM. It is free and only for AOL IM right now, but it is a thick IM client that uses the Mobile Data Service (if you have it activated by your System Adminstrator) to provide persistant view of your Buddies and allows you to chat with them as if you were sitting at a desktop computer. There is no extra software to install on your BES and no redirection of your IM messages to some server. It is a pure IM experience on your BlackBerry.

Ramble IM

All you need to do is read the freeware license agreement and give it your email address. They will send you the Over The Air (OTA) install link directly to your email address so you can load it right onto your device.

JP
Old 04-20-2005, 10:50 AM   #66
fancyname

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlee309
capngeno,

Do you happen to use SameTime on your blackberry? What proggie do you use to have that capability for the Blackberry?
Causerie. Their first beta version had support for this and apparently they realized and took it out. I emailed them and they wrote back saying that ST is only for Enterprise Users. I was only 1 user who needed ST on mobile device and they did not give me the access. I sent another email and they gave me a free copy.

The first version brought the ST buddy list both from our public and private domain. It was exactly like Yahoo, AIM etc. plugged in my user name, password and server name of our ST server and it got connected automatically.

I did not get the new update for Causerie Enterprise.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:10 AM   #67
antgann

Model: 7520

i installed verichat but for some reason i only can use MSN and yahoo....does verichat support AIM?
Old 04-21-2005, 09:15 AM   #68
Rambler
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7750
Exclamation Ramble IM- Free

Check out the thread:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=6938

Last edited by Rambler; 04-21-2005 at 09:17 AM.. Reason: Duplicated
Old 04-21-2005, 02:57 PM   #69
Luckystrik3
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-Mobile DE

Hi!
Can somebody help me? I wanna know, how much traffic im comsumes. I think about 20Persons on List chatting with 1 Person for one hour. Approximately? any ideas?
(I want to know this that I know, which data-plan to choose)
Old 04-27-2005, 10:17 AM   #70
chris32111

Model: 7520
Carrier: verizon
Default aim instant messanger help

i just got the backberry and i have installed a few things just fine...but when i downloaded aim from ramble when i sign on it says ...error logging in: could not find a service book entry for ippp...please someone help me asap....
Old 04-27-2005, 12:44 PM   #71
Rambler

Model: 7750

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris32111
i just got the backberry and i have installed a few things just fine...but when i downloaded aim from ramble when i sign on it says ...error logging in: could not find a service book entry for ippp...please someone help me asap....
Check out this thread:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=6938

Quick answer- there is a fix coming out for this problem sometime this week.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:51 PM   #72
gtxp

Default new MSN messenger available from QuickIM.com

It's called QuickIM and can be downloaded from http://www.quickim.com
Old 04-28-2005, 03:31 AM   #73
gtxp

Default I forgot to post a quick review of QuickIM

QuickIM quick review

QuickIM instant messenger software allows you to connect to public MSN networks and chat with friends from anywhere you are. QuickIM is also available for corporate networks and can connect to private instant messaging networks running QuickIM server software.
QuickIM for BlackBerry uses available BES/MDS or operator proxy based TCP connections to connect directly to the instant messaging network. The positive point being your chat messages are not intercepted by a third party gateway. The drawback of this is when you lose GPRS coverage, your friends will see you offline. But may be it's not a too big issue since you are anyway unable to answer to your friends messages if you are out of coverage.
The application weighs less than 110kb, you need to make sure you have full internet access in order to run it. QuickIM provides a support forum with relatively detailed information on configuring the device networking and the corporate BES (useful in some cases).
Classic messenger features (buddy list, emoticons, multiple chat rooms) are present, plus some unique features such as the QuickText feature to pre-record useful message templates and the last received message scroller. Overall, the messenger has a simple user interface. The messenger can be configured to run in background, in case of new messages coming in, you'll be alerted by a message popup and a sound signal.
The pricing of QuickIM is one time fee as opposed to annual subscription fee.
The software can be obtained from http://www.quickim.com
Old 04-30-2005, 08:03 PM   #74
auggie4000

Model: 8700g
PIN: 23F78D7A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Not sure how many of you out there are using VeriChat on a BB with Nextel service. While I have VeriChat running, I can not get alerted or radio'd. It tells the initiating party "User in Data Mode" or something like that.

Anyone else have that issue? Is there a workaround?

Thanks,
Auggie
Old 05-17-2005, 02:44 PM   #75
cwemely
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default IM using the new IM App on TMO 7290

Mark or Anyone Else Knowledgable,

I have just upgrade to a TMO 7290. I downloaded the IM client from the TMO site and installed it.

I used the Search (rackin' up those search points ) for IM and found references to charges for SMS and that we should use Verichat.

My question is: Does the IM client on the 7290 from TMO get charged as SMS or as part of the data plan?

Thanks!

Chip
Old 05-17-2005, 03:41 PM   #76
Eric5273

Model: 7100g
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwemely
Does the IM client on the 7290 from TMO get charged as SMS or as part of the data plan?
SMS.

I have used both SMS and data Instant Messagers in the past, so here is how they compare:

SMS Pros: When you are idle (i.e. no messages being sent or received), your processor is not working to keep the connection open and thus you are not using up your battery. Also, if you go out of range, you do not have to worry about it signing you off and then having to sign back on. The server simply holds your messages the same way it holds your regular SMS messages until you come back into range.

SMS Cons: Your buddy list does not update on its own. You have to choose to update the buddy list -- usually this is an option on the menu "update buddy list".

Data Pros: When a buddy signs on, you see them pop up on your list right away. Less cost if you have an unlimited data plan

Data Cons: It uses your battery up if you stay connected. Also, when you go out of range, you get disconnected from the server sometimes.

With T-Mobile you can get 1000 SMS messages for $6.99 which should be enough unless you chat on AIM constantly.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:42 AM   #77
cwemely
Thumbs Must Hurt

OK. Good to know.

Thanks for the info!
Old 05-25-2005, 06:50 PM   #78
9balla4life
Thumbs Must Hurt

Location: Land where Blackburr's grow off trees....not sure yet
Model: 8120
PIN: 24760E78

Is it me or does the 7100G with Cingular Wireless not have ANY IM features built in other than the PIN messaging....
Currently using 8100 Pearl.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:33 AM   #79
NVMY03GT
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Curve
PIN: 31CFDFC8
Carrier: cincinnati bell

Okay am I missing something here, I tried downloading Ramble simply because all I needed was AIM Connection, but it downloads a JAD file? How do I install it from there?? :(
Old 05-26-2005, 02:15 PM   #80
Dusty Saddle

Model: 7250
Carrier: Verizon

QuickIM web site says, "Classic messenger features (buddy list, emoticons, multiple chat rooms) are present, plus some additional features such as the QuickText feature to pre-record useful message templates and the last received message scroller."

I can't find any emoticons on my version J2ME Edition 2005 build #116. I have posted a message on the QuickIM tech board but have had no response. Does anyone have emoticons on their QuickIM?
Closed Thread