BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 01:56 PM   #61
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

Model: 8900
Carrier: None

Please Login to Remove!

jsut got mine today... SF does your look authentic? cuz when i look at mine its looks like a knock off... ?? what do you think?
Old 08-17-2007, 04:35 PM   #62
ajs3898
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: CUSHION
Carrier: ▪T▪▪▪Mobile▪

yea i got mine today too...it kinda does look like a knock off but the nokia box is real and it seemed to work pretty good...connected on the third pairing. sounded good when i tested it calling voice mail...ill let it full charge and give it a try tonight.

the boom doesn't slide very...gracefully..i guess i just wont slide it, just leave it up and see if it will function that way...and the buttons look pretty cheaply made...volume switch is not centered in the volume switch hole...but hey, if it works and last more then 3 months...cant beat 32 bucks.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:11 PM   #63
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

hows the volume on your HS? mine seems really low even tho its on the highest
Old 08-17-2007, 05:39 PM   #64
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Scheuer View Post
jsut got mine today... SF does your look authentic? cuz when i look at mine its looks like a knock off... ?? what do you think?

The build on the one for $19 is different than the other that I have. I am looking for the other two so to compare it with those too. But in looking at it with a jeweler's loupe it seems about the same quality as the other, that is, fit and finish.

I did note that the $32 one had a torx head screw, but the $19 one had a philips screw. On the $19 one there was a tamper detection seal, the $32 one did not have that.

The chargers on both were different in terms of shape, but both appeared the same in terms of quality, labels, etc.

The is a volume issue and I have been in communication with the seller to ask what is up. He is sending me another.

I took apart the $19 one and compared it to the other that I have [that I paid $32 for]. Insides seem the same, chip numbers, etc.

And like the other member said, mine came in a box, with manual, etc., all that look genuine. I can't see a counterfeiter or a knock off going to the extent to make all of this stuff. One would especially not go through all that trouble them at $19. Counterfeiters would sell them for a lot more than that.

Maybe he bought the whole lot of them from a counterfeiter, that is, extras that the counterfeiter could not sell last year.

I'll report back when I find the other two that I have, so I can compare it to all three, not just the one.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:34 PM   #65
jdelgado89

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default BlueAnt Z9 Anyone?

I am looking at the BlueAnt Z9 anyone using it. I send an email to their tech support about the Z9 and the Perl, see their respond below

"We have tested the Z9 with the Perl and it does work. You will need to turn ‘Echo Control’ off to stop the Blackberry’s noise reduction interfering with the Z9’s."

What implication will it have on the Perl if I turn off the Echo Control.

Thanks
jdelgado89
Old 08-17-2007, 07:08 PM   #66
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

good question, i would like an answer to that as well, cuz i'm wondering maybe thats why the volumne is so low
Old 08-17-2007, 08:13 PM   #67
jdelgado89

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
good question, i would like an answer to that as well, cuz i'm wondering maybe thats why the volumne is so low
I also found this at the cnet reviews

"This was the advice given by Blueant customer service on how to optimize the audio quality.

1. Whilst the Z9 is connected to the handset, enter the Bluetooth Setup menu and scroll down to the ‘BlueAnt Z9‘ device.
2. Whilst ‘BlueAnt Z9’ is highlighted, click the menu options button and select ‘Device Properties’
3. Scroll down to ‘Echo Control’ and set to the off position
4. In this same screen, some Blackberry Handsets also have an item called ‘Automatic Volume Control’. If this is present, please also set it to the off position.
5. Save the settings and you are right to go. "
Old 08-17-2007, 08:49 PM   #68
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

umm i will try this see if it helps with the volumne lol

hopefully it does
Old 08-18-2007, 12:26 AM   #69
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

btw i found out a way to increase the volumne

lol some of you may not want to but i took a dremel to the ear section, and increased the size of the holes for the sound to get through and it made a HUGE difference
Old 08-18-2007, 11:09 AM   #70
SanFrancisco

Apparently some of this seller's headsets work, some don't.

I did not want to fool with it, complained to the seller, and he sent me a refund.

So now I will try the hole drilling technique.

By the way, this is still a very good headset. Guess the ones I paid $30+ for are better? I dunno if there are these "different build" ones out there or if this HK guy is unique. [I spent 6 hours cleaning up boxes last night and in all my travels I could not find the other two of these headsets that I have. So can't compare them. My place is truly the black hole of the universe].

Sidenote: There's another difference between the two, brought to my attention my Cory. The excellent one, without the volume issue, has two speaker holes, the problem unit has four. Go figure.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:12 AM   #71
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

mine had 2 speaker holes... not anymore... lol

after my dremel and i got ahold of it, there are now 5 lol

but now the volumne is WAY louder, and for 30 bucks i cant really ***** about it.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:29 AM   #72
SanFrancisco

Quote:
mine had 2 speaker holes... not anymore... lol

after my dremel and i got ahold of it, there are now 5 lol

but now the volumne is WAY louder, and for 30 bucks i cant really ***** about it.
Interesting that that is the issue. If you look at the speaker it has four holes too. I suspect that those have to be in line with the holes in the grill, otherwise it will have the muffled sound.

Very interesting.

Good call Cory, I was about to sheetcan the one headset. Now a project to make me late for kayaking. I'll tell everyone it's your fault.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:00 PM   #73
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

Not my fault! You can do it after! Lol. Of well your call. But its a lot louder now. The only thing that's still bugging me is its really hard to get on the the ear. But over all now its great!

Enjoy
Old 08-18-2007, 10:21 PM   #74
Drop Top

I have been using the HS-655 for a while and love it, on Monday I am getting my BlueAnt Z9 sample so I'll see how that one works out.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:44 AM   #75
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Force One View Post
Well the good news is it arrived today(10 days to ship). The bad news is it was a defective unit.

First, it kept failing to charge. Then when I paired it the blue light on the device wouldn't light up. Worst of all, the boom microphone was defective. Lots of static and when I tapped the boom it would fix it for a second then go back to static. I confirmed the issue with my girlfriend's moto razr.

This post shouldn't scare anyone away. I always seem to get defective products. Almost everything I buy I have to return and get another. No joke.

Decided to trash it rather than pay shipping back and forth again. Be aware: submerging it in water will kill it.

Thanks for the heads up anyway, it was worth a shot.

AF1
AFI get a refund from him. I did. Mine worked OK, but then started acting up. I will be posting some info on this seller's items. Apparently some work, some partially work and others fail like yours.

I told him the thing started acting up, insisted on a refund and he sent the refund promptly.

I think he cares about his feedback, for now, so hit him up while you can.

Then buy one of these from a U.S. seller. [Who is really in the U.S., not with some fake location].

The other three I bought of this model ranged in price from about $20 to $30, you just have to keep your eyes open. It's a good item, but not if it is counterfeit.

Here is a teaser pic on the post I will make about this headset:

Old 08-19-2007, 03:53 AM   #76
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Not my fault! You can do it after! Lol. Of well your call. But its a lot louder now. The only thing that's still bugging me is its really hard to get on the the ear. But over all now its great!

Enjoy
Cory, the clip on the real ones are larger than the one from HK. I suspect they made them for smaller Chinese ears?

If they work, yeah, worth $32 for sure. I have some generic BT headsets I bought a few years back [that work on an AAA battery and those were $60], so at $32 it's an OK deal.

Mine now works fine with the holes drilled. But one should not have to do that mod, "October 2006 Pearl speaker mod" notwithstanding.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:13 AM   #77
SanFrancisco

OK, might as well do the intended post on the suspected counterfeit Nokia BH900 headset for the Pearl.

If it works, the fake one is worth the $32 because it's just like any other cheap headset. It will work, but how long is anyone's guess. So I say pass on the Hong Kong deals and look for a genuine Nokia BH-900. I love this headset so my recommendation remains.

Now as to the fake, like I said, it's well worth $32 if it works. But in no way am I saying to take the risk. $32 is $32 in anyone's pocket.

I'll just post the pics comparing the counterfeit with the three genuine BH-900's I have.

Bonus Comment: In my travels, I found out that as of 2007 Nokia says that counterfeit headsets are only now showing up for sale. Until the BH-800 they did not see counterfeit BT headsets for sale. So on the BH-900 you are getting fresh info about this.

Kinda weird though, that someone would go through all the trouble of making these Nokia headsets and sell them for $32 [shipping included]. Even as a fake, if it works, where is the profit. I mean, manufacturing the device, packaging, labor, handling, and shipping from Hong Kong can't be all that profitable at those costs. I know labor is cheap in Hong Kong, but so cheap that this guy can sell them for $19 and make a profit?

Hats off to the one member in here who questioned this headset because of the seller's Hong Kong origin.

And take a look at this:

Did I get a fake BH-900 ? - Accessories, Car Phones, and Other Products - Nokia Support Discussions

WHAT APPEARS TO BE THE GENUINE NOKIA PACKAGING:

THE BOX MY CHINESE IMPORT CAME IN:

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 08-19-2007 at 04:23 AM..
Old 08-19-2007, 09:32 AM   #78
EmeraldICE
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Cingular

Looks like I'm going to receive a Chinese import.
The seller I bought it from is from HK. -_-

SanFrancisco, does the knock off still sound the same/work as well as the true product?
I'm sure it won't last as long as the actual BH900, but I'll just be using it until I can buy the Jawbone, so if it works as well as the actual product, then I can deal with it.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:03 AM   #79
ajs3898

Model: 8320
PIN: CUSHION
Carrier: ▪T▪▪▪Mobile▪

yea mine has 4 holes, came in the cardboard box, and has a grey boom...well, had a grey boom

dont buy the hong kong version.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:13 AM   #80
EmeraldICE
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Cingular

Damnnn.
That sucks.
Did you get to use it before it broke?
Closed Thread