rivviepop
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8320
PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrow95 View Post
Happened to me this morning - text didnt send and the red x came up and had to resend. I REALLY like the queue feature on the original OS... hopefully this will be fixed down the road.
Thanks for letting us know -- another 4.2.1.x release I'll be skipping, this feature is way too important for me as well. I'm kinda annoyed that RIM can't seem to get 4.2.1.x to work as smoothly as 4.2.0.x by now, they've had plenty of time.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:17 PM   #82
dlpisgreat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl
Carrier: T-Mobile

Is the RED x popping up because of a protocol error or timing out because you are out of service?

I remember my messages retrying while waiting for service to be re-established, but did receive X's too under because of a protocol errors. May not be something you can overcome. It may already be trying and just gave up after x number of times.

Would you really want it to continuously retry and kill you battery because it was using the radio so darn much?
Old 08-24-2007, 02:28 PM   #83
tkonay

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A

This is my first post.
I upgraded the os a few weeks with the .101 os and that went smoothly and the pearl worked great. Now I'm upgrading to the .107 and the "Updating your device screen" on my computer seems to be frozen on "Back up third-party applications" - Retrieving module " com_plazmic_theme_vista_premium.cod."
It's been on this for about 40 minutes. What's my next step? Can I disconnect it?
Old 08-24-2007, 02:40 PM   #84
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

It's hung in the backup. It shouldn't hurt to unplug it. You may need to reboot the device. Try a manual backup first before trying it again and see if it still hangs there. If it does, then delete that theme and try the backup again.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:53 PM   #85
tkonay

Ok. I disconnected the pearl and removed the theme. I can always reinstall the theme again later. It rebooted fine and I'm ready to try again.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:10 PM   #86
tkonay

Works great! Thanks for helping.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:38 PM   #87
hexexe

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

Wow i updated last night and my multi tap is out of control!!!! doesnt happen all the time but maybe 1/3 of the times when i want to go to a 2tap key like r,s,k etc... i hit it twice but the 1st letter comes up twice. for example i want 's' and i hit it twice but sometimes it will just do 'aa'.... i txt a lot so this is deff a problem rofl and i didnt have this problem before last night. anyone experience this or know how to fix it?
Old 08-24-2007, 07:17 PM   #88
BoloMarkXXX

Carrier: Cellular One

Just updated from .071, all went smooth as butter backups were made but not needed. Whole process took about 35 min on my XP x64.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:40 PM   #89
hacd

Carrier: t-mobile
Default upgrade

I upgraded last night. Still checking to see what's different. I use the Zen theme and that did change. No list when pressing menu...icons instead.
David
Old 08-25-2007, 12:46 AM   #90
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexexe View Post
Wow i updated last night and my multi tap is out of control!!!! doesnt happen all the time but maybe 1/3 of the times when i want to go to a 2tap key like r,s,k etc... i hit it twice but the 1st letter comes up twice. for example i want 's' and i hit it twice but sometimes it will just do 'aa'.... i txt a lot so this is deff a problem rofl and i didnt have this problem before last night. anyone experience this or know how to fix it?
Yes, it's been talked about before on the forum, in this very thread, in fact. It's actually better in this release than previous 4.2.1 releases. It seems to help to go to Options >Screen/Keyboard and change the key rate to "slow."
Old 08-25-2007, 10:28 AM   #91
guttertrash
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: rogers

the edited blackberry.alx file is just for the vendor themes right? has there been other secret stuff discovered lately? i dont wanna add ALL the themes, just the tmo zen one, so i'll edit myself, unless it gives other additional stuff?

and what's the lbs.alx one do?

Last edited by guttertrash; 08-25-2007 at 10:29 AM..
Old 08-25-2007, 10:31 AM   #92
simulator
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900

There is a searching for network bug - it shows up in messaging even when connected to the network -- in 107. I had this with 101 as well.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:48 AM   #93
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by guttertrash View Post
the edited blackberry.alx file is just for the vendor themes right? has there been other secret stuff discovered lately? i dont wanna add ALL the themes, just the tmo zen one, so i'll edit myself, unless it gives other additional stuff?

and what's the lbs.alx one do?
The blackberry.alx file adds ALL the vendor themes. There is no secret stuff in there. I agree with you, and while I'm the one updating the .alx thread now, I don't use the .alx files I upload there. I only add the themes I want to use. I even edit it so I don't get the myfaves theme/app added (since I don't use myfaves.)

The LBS.alx is location based services (Blackberry Maps.) Some carriers such as AT&T and Orange (in Europe) have decided to hide the icon for BBMaps on their devices so you'll pay for other GPS services. The LBS.alx file unlocks that icon so that it'll show on those devices. If you have TMo, you shouldn't need that modified LBS.alx.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:28 AM   #94
guttertrash
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: rogers

i have rogers, but i have the bbmaps thing anyway.

thanks!
Old 08-25-2007, 02:11 PM   #95
Tremo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: ATT
Default Can't d/l the new os

OK, I went to the TMo site and clicked the links, and *nothing*. I read the obligatory screen and then it goes nowhere, no further links to click on, no download. WTF? Anybody else know where this can be d/l'd? Thanks.

EDIT - Nevermind, I found it on another site. Already have it installed. Thanks for the heads-up on the new OS.

Last edited by Tremo; 08-25-2007 at 04:30 PM..
Old 08-25-2007, 06:44 PM   #96
reelbigfish51

Carrier: tmobile

o.k. so this is my first post on here, but i have been keeping up and trying all the new os that have been posted and every one i upgrade to i get the dropped call issue. i had to stick with the tmo .64 os which seemed to be the only one that worked and wouldnt drop calls. anyone else have this problem and upgraded to this new os without dropped calls? i prolly will try the upgrade anyways , but just thought i would ask first. oh and secondly would the use of viigo rss reader be the cause of this problem?

oh correction its my 5th post haha

Last edited by reelbigfish51; 08-25-2007 at 06:47 PM..
Old 08-25-2007, 09:30 PM   #97
info@simonwhite.co.nz

Carrier: vodafone
Default mac users

Hi Quick question as a mac user I dont use the pc desktop software so any ideas on how i can upgrade the software on my pearl cheers
Old 08-26-2007, 12:24 AM   #98
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by info@simonwhite.co.nz View Post
Hi Quick question as a mac user I dont use the pc desktop software so any ideas on how i can upgrade the software on my pearl cheers
You can't. You need a PC or PC environment.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:45 AM   #99
RevMen

Quote:
Happened to me this morning - text didnt send and the red x came up and had to resend. I REALLY like the queue feature on the original OS... hopefully this will be fixed down the road.
Is this only text messages? Or is it e-mail too? I use the queue feature for e-mail a LOT, but pretty much never use it for text messages.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:49 AM   #100
BBtap

Model: 8120

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacd View Post
I upgraded last night. Still checking to see what's different. I use the Zen theme and that did change. No list when pressing menu...icons instead.
David
You can change it back to the ribbon menu by changing back to the previous zen theme as described here: http://www.blackberryforums.com/608695-post170.html.
Closed Thread