Old 01-17-2006, 04:04 PM   #121
GoblueNextel
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaolson
I've been wearing the Seidio clip all weekend and it's a winner. I'll be stopping at Michael's tonite on the way home to get the magnet, as the "in holster" is a function that I want to preserve. I've got several other 7100i users here at work and if I can get the magnet to put it to sleep, I'll be ordering more of them by weeks end.

A longer belt clip would enhance the clip, but what is there is long enough to grasp the waistband or 1" belt with no problems. Our uniform belt is 2" so our need is specific to us.

Jonathan Olson
Wake County Public Safety
Raleigh, NC
FYI....The magnets I bought are sold in a package of 4. I am work so I do not have the package infront of me, but I believe the packaging was yellow. The bottom of the blister packaging shows numbers 1-10 for how strong they are. The ones I got were rated 10 and somewhere it said something to the effect "strongest mini magnets" available.

I can not wait for mine. It shipped today. I hope I have it Friday.

GOBLUE
Old 01-18-2006, 08:09 AM   #122
Bradhar911
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint

Just got mine from E-bay last Friday.. Works perfect... Sheepskin leather pouch with a 180 swivel clip.. Clip WAS tight only the first time I put it on my 2" belt. Stays secure after 5 days so far.. Has 2 magnets on both sides (does seems as though the screen should face away from body since the swivel is built into the case and you can feel the 7100i running over that) the 2 magnets are positioned at the top and the bottom of the case my only guess for this is so that you do not hit any keys as your putting the bb away. The strap that holds the phone secure might show some signs of wear after some time since it sets so smooth against the rest of the case I have to use my fingernails to open it up. The straps magnet is very strong!! That's my 2cents worth on a $29.00($21.95+$6.95 shipping) leather case.

Here is the link for the seller on Ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:EF:US:1

Sellers name is uniquemobile2 item comes from Canada and took 5 days to get to Dallas
Old 01-18-2006, 08:17 AM   #123
Bradhar911
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint

Now, when can we find someone to work on a desktop stand for these? Besides the Styrofoam cutouts some of our inventive brothers have made!
Old 01-18-2006, 08:20 AM   #124
GoblueNextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradhar911
Now, when can we find someone to work on a desktop stand for these? Besides the Styrofoam cutouts some of our inventive brothers have made!
I saw THIS and it is pretty cool, however they are out until the end of February.

GOBLUE
Old 01-18-2006, 06:50 PM   #125
lifestar53
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100i
Carrier: Nextel
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradhar911
Desktop cradle -Working on design
Skin w/holster -Possibility in black
Phone housing -Possibility in black
Extended battery w/battery door -Suggested

COMING SOON all for the 7100i

These items are not being made by me, I just climbed a tree and took a peek inside a window. I fell out of the tree while trying to take pictures, so we have to wait and see.

Don't be a dummy, buckle your seatbelt.

Last edited by lifestar53; 01-18-2006 at 09:44 PM..
Old 01-18-2006, 07:11 PM   #126
GoblueNextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifestar53
COMING SOON
Awh come on...You can not do this to us!!!

Details please

GOBLUE
Old 01-19-2006, 09:38 AM   #127
GoblueNextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaolson
I've been wearing the Seidio clip all weekend and it's a winner. I'll be stopping at Michael's tonite on the way home to get the magnet, as the "in holster" is a function that I want to preserve. I've got several other 7100i users here at work and if I can get the magnet to put it to sleep, I'll be ordering more of them by weeks end.

A longer belt clip would enhance the clip, but what is there is long enough to grasp the waistband or 1" belt with no problems. Our uniform belt is 2" so our need is specific to us.

Jonathan Olson
Wake County Public Safety
Raleigh, NC
Did you get the magnets and install? Mine is on the FEDEX truck out for delivery?
Old 01-19-2006, 03:06 PM   #128
GoblueNextel

Just as LIFESTAR reviewed. EXCELLENT CASE/CLIP.

I am a little skeptical though on how easy it could pop out. I agree if a new case is in the mix they should make that clip come over the phone and somehow slip into the groove of the EAR HOLES (indented area with 2 holes to speaker). I have been wearing for a few hours and it is easy to get in and out of.

My OEM case was pretty screwed up so I took the magnet out of it. I then peeled back the felt on the new case, placed the magnet where it needed to go and then put the felt back over and IT WORKED PERFECTLY.

The magnet I suggested earlier from Michaels may be too thick, not sure as I did not try it. From my recollection it is thicker.

Again GREAT CASE and I LOVE IT!
Old 01-19-2006, 09:34 PM   #129
lifestar53
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Magnet thickness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoblueNextel

I am a little skeptical though on how easy it could pop out. I agree if a new case is in the mix they should make that clip come over the phone and somehow slip into the groove of the EAR HOLES (indented area with 2 holes to speaker). I have been wearing for a few hours and it is easy to get in and out of.

My OEM case was pretty screwed up so I took the magnet out of it. I then peeled back the felt on the new case, placed the magnet where it needed to go and then put the felt back over and IT WORKED PERFECTLY.

The magnet I suggested earlier from Michaels may be too thick, not sure as I did not try it. From my recollection it is thicker.

I have just noticed that my magnet is as thick as a dime and it touches. I will be making a suggestion to Seidio in regards to an indentation to accommodate the magnet

Old 01-19-2006, 09:55 PM   #130
GoblueNextel

Quote:
I have just noticed that my magnet is as thick as a dime and it touches. I will be making a suggestion to Seidio in regards to an indentation to accommodate the magnet
How did you notice?
Old 01-19-2006, 10:19 PM   #131
lifestar53
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
How did you notice?
I decided to take the magnet from the opposite end of the case I had, thinking it was thinner but realized it was the same thickness as the one I am now using in the holster and they are both a dime's thickness

Old 01-19-2006, 11:53 PM   #132
kurrupt_1
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
PIN: 2159FC90
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
This indentation actually requires added material to the mold. With all the mold work we do at my job, some changes to molds don't justify the cost of adding steel and then burning.

Last edited by kurrupt_1; 01-20-2006 at 12:12 AM..
Old 01-19-2006, 11:55 PM   #133
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007

If the magnet is strong enough have you tried taping it with electrical tape from the outside,

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 01-20-2006, 12:01 AM   #134
GoblueNextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonTiki
If the magnet is strong enough have you tried taping it with electrical tape from the outside,
The blet clip is in the way.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:02 AM   #135
HDClown
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:

Does the magnet from the OEM case touch the keypad, or is it thin enough to not? I'd love to get this case, but I cannot use it unless it can be modified without incident to use sleeper function, or they come out with a version 2 with it.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:00 AM   #136
GoblueNextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDClown
Does the magnet from the OEM case touch the keypad, or is it thin enough to not? I'd love to get this case, but I cannot use it unless it can be modified without incident to use sleeper function, or they come out with a version 2 with it.
The OEM magent (looks like a washer as mine had a hole in it) is NOT touching the phone as far as I can tell. I again cut the magent out of my OEM case and cleaned the magnet off as it had sticky glue residue. The side that you clean the residue off of is the side that goes against the new case. The magent needs to go DIRECTLY over the #5 key. Once you line that up with the new case and find and mark the location on the new case. I then peeled the felt back off the new one about halfway (it is pretty durable), placed the maget and rolled/smoothed out the felt back over the magnet.

There appears to be enough room between the magent and the phone as there is no indication it is touching. I recomment this case PERIOD.

GOBLUE!
Old 01-21-2006, 09:23 AM   #137
kurrupt_1
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
PIN: 2159FC90
Carrier: T-Mobile

Looks like a must have even if you can't wait for the version with the sleeper function you can always mod it!
Old 01-21-2006, 11:25 AM   #138
GoblueNextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurrupt_1
Looks like a must have even if you can't wait for the version with the sleeper function you can always mod it!

Yes. This is a DEFINTE buy!
Old 01-21-2006, 01:49 PM   #139
lifestar53
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
The OEM magent (looks like a washer as mine had a hole in it) is NOT touching the phone as far as I can tell. I again cut the magent out of my OEM case and cleaned the magnet off as it had sticky glue residue. The side that you clean the residue off of is the side that goes against the new case. The magent needs to go DIRECTLY over the #5 key. Once you line that up with the new case and find and mark the location on the new case. I then peeled the felt back off the new one about halfway (it is pretty durable), placed the maget and rolled/smoothed out the felt back over the magnet.

There appears to be enough room between the magent and the phone as there is no indication it is touching. I recomment this case PERIOD.

GOBLUE!

I must admit, I am a copycat, I had destroyed an OEM soft case trying to put a swivel and velcro closure on it. Worked but didn't look neat, so I pulled it apart and used the washer magnet. Worked like a charm right over the number 5 key. David Chang are you listening ?

I am hoping that Seidio is still reading and experimenting as much as we are.

Old 01-21-2006, 04:26 PM   #140
srl7741
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T

[QUOTE=I am hoping that Seidio is still reading and experimenting as much as we are.[/QUOTE]

He is not listening..... he is too busy making money from the original design. He has not responded to any emails nor posts since the release.

It's too bad......................

People have to spend too much on a case and still mod it to meet their needs. (and the needs are factory needs) Which mean the design is incomplete!
Closed Thread