Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 01:17 PM   #1
bigdaddymac

Model: 7290
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile
Default Mac Hosted BES?

Please Login to Remove!

I've been a longtime BB/PC user. I'm about to update my 7290 BB to the new TMO 8320 curve, and at the same time, switch to Mac.

I'd love any advice on the best way to set this up. I want to get a hosted BES service. I have been using Outlook, but when I go Mac, I will use either Entourage or Mail. I see that Link2Exchange works for the Mac. Is that the best BES for Mac? Does it work well, and sync everything (inbox, subfolders, ical, etc.) Is there something better out there?

Thanks so much for your help.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:43 PM   #2
x14
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

With BES you can do almost everything from the BlackBerry. The only thing you really need the Desktop Manager for is install software, OS upgrade, and backup/restore.

Unfortunately the windows Desktop Manager is still better than PocketMac. So I use VMware Fusion. VMware Fusion Overview, Run Windows on Mac, Virtual PC on Mac - VMware
Old 09-24-2007, 11:37 PM   #3
bigdaddymac

Yes, thanks, am hoping to find a good BES Hosting service that works with BB and mac. Anyone have experience with a good one to share?
Old 09-27-2007, 11:22 PM   #4
hotch

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon

I had great luck with MailStreet.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:43 AM   #5
Dcoliva
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: TIM

And I am very happy with Exchangemymail.
You can also download Entourage from them.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:20 AM   #6
bigdaddymac

Thanks guys. So just to confirm, exchangemymail and mailstreet, both will provide a BES type environment, in which i can file messages on the bberry into subfolders, my calendar/contacts/etc will update wirelessly, etc. I don't have BES now, only BIS, and want a service that will provide BES for me for a monthly hosting fee.

THANKS!
Old 10-03-2007, 11:11 PM   #7
Radardan

Model: 8830
Default A BES hoster to avoid

Intermedia
Old 10-24-2007, 12:11 AM   #8
rawk

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Any hosted exchange/BES provider will work on the mac and most (all?) supply a download of Entourage/Outlook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radardan View Post
Intermedia
Use anyone but Intermedia! I have dealt with a handful of hosted exchange providers and they have been the only one to show total incompetence in every aspect of their service and support.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:13 PM   #9
thr61

Model: 8300

I use exchangemymail and have been very happy with them. I too am thinking of switching to a mac. However, I have learned that Entourage/Exchange will only sync mail, contacts, and calendar. Tasks and notes are left behind.

I am considering using missing sync to manage this and have a thread open to see if it will work.

Let me know how your end turns out.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:47 AM   #10
russdavisdotcom

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Alltel

I've used MailStreet for about 4 years now. I love them. They're always Johnny on the spot for anything I've ever asked and have a great BES/blackberry knowledge base. They also allow you to download Entourage (and it's supported).

I would also recommend their spam filtering service, it really is top-notch to keep junk off of your BB.

-R
Old 11-21-2007, 07:35 AM   #11
abgopm

Model: Bold
Carrier: The New AT&T

I use link2exchange and they are fantastic. There support is top notch. I am currently using entourage. The only issue I am having is that the sent mail folder in Entourage doesn't sync to the bb. But the bb's sent messages sync with entourage. The funny thing is though if I go to the owa outlook through link2exchanges site both bb and entourage sent. messages are in the sent folder. And yes I have the sent folder check on the bb's folder redirection. I have read though that this is a known problem along with tasks and notes not syncing.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:42 PM   #12
JJMin4608

Model: 7100t
Carrier: verizon

I suggest Intermedia. They'll host your BES and they support Mac users as well. We did a lot of shopping around before choosing Intermedia and we are very happy with our decision!
Old 12-13-2008, 12:39 PM   #13
Casper TFG
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: o2 UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by abgopm View Post
I am currently using entourage. The only issue I am having is that the sent mail folder in Entourage doesn't sync to the bb. But the bb's sent messages sync with entourage. The funny thing is though if I go to the owa outlook through link2exchanges site both bb and entourage sent. messages are in the sent folder. And yes I have the sent folder check on the bb's folder redirection. I have read though that this is a known problem along with tasks and notes not syncing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thr61 View Post
Entourage/Exchange will only sync mail, contacts, and calendar. Tasks and notes are left behind.
Is there any light at the end of the tunnel for Mac users re

Sent mail not syncing 100%? and Tasks / Notes / ToDos not syncing?

Many thanks..

Also does anyone have info / insight if the upcoming Mac OS Snow Leopard - will help BB/Mac users with the above shortfalls with BES / Entourage / Notes / Macintosh operation

Last edited by Casper TFG; 12-13-2008 at 12:45 PM..
Old 12-14-2008, 09:34 AM   #14
MikeK5117

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-mobile

Just a quick note to recommend ExchangeMyMail. I used them for about 2 years when I was working as a consultant using 2 Macs both running Entourage. Kept the 2 computers and my BB in full sync all the time. Good staff, helped me in many occasions especially when originally setting up and getting my GoDaddy domain email transferred to them etc. I used to call on Saturday morning and the owner would be at work and would answer the phone.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:44 PM   #15
roofus
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: PassP
Carrier: Bell
Thumbs up Mailstreet

I use Mailstreet. Whenever I call tech suppport a human answers right away! You don't get that voice saying "Your call is important to us . . . .

kinda shocking in today's service environment!
Old 12-27-2008, 07:37 AM   #16
Knocka
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T Wireless
Default Mailstreet

I too use Mailstreet and have no complaints. Their support is top notch. I highly recommend them.
Closed Thread